Status
Not open for further replies.

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com

This'd be a neat thing to have... neater if it was on DVD, of course. Current price is a staggering $24. Hopefully whoever gets it will digitize and release it.

Here is an original lot of ultra rare 16mm films from the Republic Aviation Corporation dating back to 1959 - over 50 years ago now! These are a one of a kind film collection & extremely important part of aviation history.

The AP-100 was a V/STOL fighter-bomber proposal with three large lift fans mounted in centre of wide fuselage.
The films are on cores and so the buyer will have to put them on a 16mm reel to project them. The films are in great condition, but there may be some splices that were edited in during the pre-production process by the film lab that worked on these.

I would estimate that there is about 600 ft of film on the cores.

The auction even has a link to the best website in the whole damned universe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. All I ever hope for when I see such rare items being sold on eBay is that the new owner will not selfishly shelve it and keep it to himself but will make good use of it...

Stargazer2006 said:
Wow. All I ever hope for when I see such rare items being sold on eBay is that the new owner will not selfishly shelve it and keep it to himself but will make good use of it...

Hi Stargazer, The last year has flown by; however I am finally making public some of the best of the best films I purchased from a former employee of Republic Aviation. I have started with the XV-5A (Ryan Project), TFX Thunderstriker to be followed by the AP-100 Series. One of the films in the AP-100 lot includes a sound film which might prove very interesting rather than silent pictures. The 2 films are on eBay now and I am selling them for $24.95/each. Sounds steep, but eBay charges me almost $5.00 just to list each item and by the time they take their final fees, etc - it leads me to a little bit better than break even by the time I add up the costs to copy all the films.

Regards,
Reelarchives

I for one appreciate the chance to buy these!

I mean, it is not out of line at all, in my opinion.

If the frames were in book form surely they'd sell
for at least 24.95.

And how many books on aircraft do we look
forward to paying even more for?

But here, they're in video form and it's more of a
chance to time-travel back to the 1960's and see the
full scale model of this airplane inside Republic for
yourself. The film is almost 15 min long.

Anyway, this is just my opinion on this.

Orionblamblam said:
reelarchives said:
I have started with the XV-5A (Ryan Project), TFX Thunderstriker to be followed by the AP-100 Series.

Any chance of the Republic films all on a single DVD?

Now THAT would be absolutely awesome! :eek:

I heard from reelarchives on Friday.

The Republic TFX video is finally ready to ship after the DVD transfer !

It took longer than expected, but I told him to take as long as he needs
for quality purposes.

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing it !

I'll report in after I receive it and take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.