Grey Havoc

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
138-png.687517

(h/t cattalonX)

Those are not related to the Espana class.
Exactly

Project 138 Heavy Cruiser

Design 138A: 4x3 20,3cm likely German guns
Design 138B: 3x2 30,5cm ex Espana guns
Design 138C: 2x3 28,3cm German Scharnhorst guns
Where I could find any details about their designs, or design process?
Links in the first post.
In books I don't know. The 3 drawings are certainly from a book similar to the Axis and Neutral Battleships of WW2.

Design 138A: 4x3 20,3cm likely German guns
Likely but another possibility could be Spanish manufactured from "Canarias and Baleares" experience?

Source:

Pg 239

"Pero como señala Ramírez Gabarrús el programa más ambicioso fue el de la fabricación de las torres y cañones de 203/50 mm de los cruceros pesados del plan de 1926, concretamente los Canarias y Baleares, que tanto juego dieron en la última Guerra Civil española. De las ocho torres que montaron aquellos cruceros, la primera, núm. 1 o A del Canarias era inglesa; las otras siete salieron de los talleres de San Carlos a partir de 1934 y fueron ejemplo y prueba de la capacidad de diseño con que se contaba entonces en cuanto a material artillero de lo más complejo y de los mayores calibres"

I'll try to get more info

Hello. I found what appears to be a new heavy cruiser proposal for Spain.
Perhaps it is of interest, however, it is only an idea (as far as I know), even if the person who mentions it is the most important figure in this country. In September 1925, the King of Spain (Alfonso XIII) told a high official of the Argentine Navy that in his country it was planned to build three heavy cruisers of twelve thousand tons and armed with 230 mm guns (aka 9 inches), since Spain did not have the naval restrictions of the Washington Treaty.
Apparently, for reasons of practicality, the idea was diminished towards the Canarias of 10,000 tons and 203 mm guns.
Edit 2: Copy of the document.
View: https://i.imgur.com/EPhsqAK.jpg

EPhsqAK.jpg

Edit 1: Maybe the idea was pretty similar to the Designs N°876P, N°1143 and N°1143A.

View: https://i.imgur.com/mCZCmcD.jpg

mCZCmcD.jpg

mCZCmcD.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I've got to finish my 1/1200 master of this one......

Dave