Potential New "Secret Projects" books

From time to time on US eBay: "I am selling the collection of a former employee of [name of aircraft company]." This can include original reports, drawings, photos and so on. I should also point out that some things from the 1950s, and earlier, are still secret.

The US National Archives are still releasing formerly classified documents on a quarterly basis. However, some titles for some sets of documents are beyond vague. Any additional descriptive text is usually of little help.

English translations from Ucon books,

Also many articles and books about naval, armour, technology exit but Russian language only. I’d love to learn Russian but sadly I’m too old and busy.

There are also many unbuilt projects which needs books and compilations. There are many known unbuilt projects that lack to be put on context.

Sometimes I drem on write articles or books by myself but all my hopes for an early retirement are pinned on Euromilllion Lottery. But the moment results are elusive
Porque no lo has dicho antes? yo soy inmensamente rico...cuanto quieres?:D

In the aviation sector we have numerous collections and parts of old company archives spread around under the custodians of the retired former workers and other like-minded volunteers. There are efforts underway in the UK to somehow centralise or at least make more accessible and preserve as much as possible of these various archives. Whether it can ever be achieved is open to question.
What has surprised me in my rather random searching is how much 'unseen' material there still is in these numerous archives. In some cases material that relates to projects not associated with the archives primary function. Getting it all catalogued and making those catalogues accessible is the key, and unfortunately few of these archives have put much effort into that. An archive with difficult access is pretty pointless.
Auction houses and ebay are another source that has proven most useful, if occasionally a bit pricey.

Fake aircraft and aircraft projects

Makes sense to include that kind of elements because they are part if the story. Of course it is not the same the Romboidal wing Soviet fighter and MiG-23 Foxbat that a whatifmodelers fantasy.

But, maybe this books wouldn’t sell very well because their target audience is minimal.

From time to time on US eBay: "I am selling the collection of a former employee of [name of aircraft company]." This can include original reports, drawings, photos and so on. I should also point out that some things from the 1950s, and earlier, are still secret.

The US National Archives are still releasing formerly classified documents on a quarterly basis. However, some titles for some sets of documents are beyond vague. Any additional descriptive text is usually of little help.
Yes the UK National Archives are much easier to navigate. US National Archives are often opaquely referenced and huge boxes of material given a generic description.

I'd buy a book on secret airliner projects. I'd guess that a lot of material is available in airline and manufacturer archives, despite all the mergers. A book on the American SST program might even generate some interest outside of the core aviation enthusiast market, especially if it touched on the politics of the effort a little more heavily than the typical secret projects format.

Breaking the Sonic Barrier

-Compressibility buffeting (P-38, P-47, Thyphoon, Welkin, Hellcat and P-51)

-The dive recovering flap

-Martindale’s Spitfire Mk IX, 600 mph

-Me 163 A V4 + 600 mph

-Me P.1106 R project

-XP-86 supersonic flight (1 October 1947)

-Lavochkin La-160

-Soviet DFS 346

-Miles M.52 cancellation

-R.A.E. Transonic

-de Havilland DH 108 supersonic dive in uncontrolled flight

-Douglas D-558-1 Skystreak, 653 mph

-Lockheed XP-80R, June 19, 1947, 632.5 mph

-YF-102 and the area ruling problem

Last edited:
Fake aircraft and aircraft projects

Makes sense to include that kind of elements because they are part if the story. Of course it is not the same the Romboidal wing Soviet fighter and MiG-23 Foxbat that a whatifmodelers fantasy.

But, maybe this books wouldn’t sell very well because their target audience is minimal.
The secret of maximum audience is to include murder, sex and Royal Family in the first five pages;)
(Richard Castle)

The "secret of maximum audience" is to identify who and where they are before going to press. Then follow that with regular updates about specific progress with a few 'juicy' details. In the weeks prior to actual publication, make sure the target audience knows a book is actually coming. A press release on the day it starts shipping, followed by keeping track of reviews and ongoing promotion. At the publishing company I work for, constant, ongoing promotion as books enter production and when they are released. Example: Imagine going to a trade show and retailers telling you: "I didn't know that was out."

Last edited by a moderator:
And probably not the best business practice to delay a book by one year less than two weeks prior to the publication date shown on your website..............................yes, I am looking at you Crecy.

Well, the company I work has a large following and we've delayed books in previous years for various reasons. It just happens, and other publishers, besides Crecy, have rescheduled or, in a few cases, just cancelled titles. One book I went after was The History of Military Computing. A cover and description appeared but no book. Finally, I called the publisher. "It was cancelled." The end.

Partly for sure, but not smart to show a book as available to purchase within two weeks when they were obviously well aware that it was not even in the hands of the printers. Times are certainly difficult but not every error can be attributed automatically to Covid.

Breaking the Sonic Barrier

-Me 163 A V3 (CD+IM) + 600 mph

-Me P.1106 R project

The Bf 163 V3 was a planned 2-3 seater liaison aircraft with a single HM 508 E engine commissioned in September 1935. The Me 163 V4 was the aircraft flown at 1003km/h by Heini Dittmar on October 2, 1941. There was no Me 163 V1, V2 or V3 because the 163 prototype sequence followed directly on for 'camouflage' reasons, as Lippisch puts it. The Me 163 V4 was therefore the first prototype of the famous experimental rocket type series (which, following the creation of the Me 163 B, would later be retroactively designated Me 163 A).
There is no evidence that the Messerschmitt P 1106 als R-Flugzeug was specifically intended to break the sound barrier.
The Germans did have a competition to design a supersonic experimental research aircraft during WW2, which resulted in the 8-346 - a DFS design (originally known as the 'HS-8') that was being worked on by Siebel when the war ended. Arado also submitted a design for this competition which it called the ÜS-Flugzeug (ueberschall-flugzeug - supersonic aircraft), as did Messerschmit. The latter was described as a 'Schnellstflugzeug', although its true designation if it had one is unknown.

The Bf 163 V3 was a planned 2-3 seater liaison aircraft with a single HM 508 E engine commissioned in September 1935. The Me 163 V4 was the aircraft flown at 1003km/h by Heini Dittmar on October 2, 1941. There was no Me 163 V1, V2 or V3 because the 163 prototype sequence followed directly on for 'camouflage' reasons, as Lippisch puts it. The Me 163 V4 was therefore the first prototype of the famous experimental rocket type series (which, following the creation of the Me 163 B, would later be retroactively designated Me 163 A).
Sorry, wrong source

There is no evidence that the Messerschmitt P 1106 als R-Flugzeug was specifically intended to break the sound barrier.
I disagree

So the sum total of your evidence that the Messerschmitt P 1106 als R-Flugzeug was specifically intended to break the sound barrier is a caption from a book published (the German original) in 1991.
Well, the only known contemporary document concerning the P 1106 als R-Flugzeug is the sole existing drawing of it. It can be found on a reel of microfilm which includes 117 pages of documents on the P 1106. The turbojet-powered P 1106 designs appear in a few other places too, but this is the only place you can find the rocket-powered version. And out of 117 pages there's just the one drawing - no supplementary documentation. No report, no graphs, no nothing except that drawing. Below is the frame which includes the info panel of the drawing in question. There is nothing on there which specifically mentions a plan to break the sound barrier.
Someone looking at the drawing might guess that the purpose of the aircraft was to break the sound barrier, but it would only be a guess. The Me 163 was not designed to break the sound barrier. It is just as possible that the P 1106 als R-Flugzeug was intended as a test vehicle for the P 1106's aerodynamic form without having to use a turbojet (the HeS 011) which was not yet available. Or as an interceptor to replace the Me 163. The fact is that we cannot say specifically that the P 1106 als R-Flugzeug definitely was intended to break the sound barrier based on a single caption from a 1991 book.

P 1106 als R-Flugzeug.jpg

Dan, I´m so glad, that you are here on this forum!
All the research by Dan is based on original documents. That implies a great workload that we are grateful for. It also gives him a certain authority to question the work of other respected authors like Walter Schick, Willy Radinger or Anthony L. Kay with arguments like:

“Based on a single caption from a 1991 book”.

“There is no evidence”

“Why not go out and find the original period documents?”

“I don't know what Kay's source was but the 018 certainly did get longer over time”.

“There is no known contemporary drawing of but I'm sure that one must have existed”.

This inflexibility obviously increase the value of his own publications and I sincerely hope that serves to increase his sales.

But, from my perspective, the question is: are we going to continue publishing the old drawings once and again, or we are going to try to rebuild based on known details, like size of engines, bombs, pilots of spares of other aircraft about which there is information available?

It makes no sense to question once and again my work, I will keep on doing it for the benefit of modellers, gamers, flight simulator enthusiasts and….. understanding military historians.

How would you like Jurassic Park like a web conference of an extremely thorough paleontologist providing very accurate details of the T.Rex pelvis?

Last edited:
Partly for sure, but not smart to show a book as available to purchase within two weeks when they were obviously well aware that it was not even in the hands of the printers. Times are certainly difficult but not every error can be attributed automatically to Covid.
According to my sources, the situation of the British publishing industry is quite worrying.

Despite the Government aid, at least one of the largest wholesalers has defaulted on its payment of the distributors and they are on stop. Their survival is very much in doubt, consequence of a sizeable bad debt.

Some editors are forced to defer royalty payment, publication of books has been delayed some months and the personal stress of trying to work a way through this crisis is considerable.

Between February and April, the sales were vastly reduced (between 50-70 per cent) compared with normal times. Retailers and wholesalers returned all the stock that they could possibly dispense with to reduce their exposure.

In my opinion, professional survival of many employees, that have been laid off due to the pandemic, will depend only on its duration.

Fortunately for me publishing is just a hobby, but it is certainly not a good time to publish.

New book proposal
Second generation of the Cold War fighters with swept wings, side-mounted air intakes and S-shaped ducts: Hawker Hunter, Grumman F-11 Tiger, Folland Gnat, Supermarine Swift, Dassault Etendard, Dassault Mystère III, Arsenal VG-70, Arsenal VG-90, Sud Est S.E. Baroudeur, Breguet 1001 Taon, Centre NC 1080 and SAAB J-32 Lansen.

Last edited:
New book proposal

Postwar Luft 46 technology proof-of-concept prototypes, weapons and operational airplanes:

Rear swept wing and the jet air intake mounted in the nose configuration of the Blohm und Voss project P.211-01 Volksjäger, Focke-Wulf Volsflugzeug, Focke-Wulf Ta 183 and Messerschmitt P.1101.

After the war ended, the Allied powers raced to size aeronautic technology in occupied Germany and the aerodynamic configuration of these German projects was used in the first generation of the Cold War jet fighters: North American F-86 Sabre, Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-15, Lavotckin La-15, Dassault MD 450 Ouragan, Dassault MD 452 Mystère, Nord 2200 and Tank IAE 33.

The delta wing configuration of Lippisch DM-1 and Messerschmitt P.1112/S2 was used in the Convair XF-92, Convair F-102, Nord 1402 Gerfaut, Sud Est S.E. 212 Durandal, Dassault Mirage I, Avro 707, Boulton Paul P.111, Boulton Paul P.120, Handley Page H.P.115, Fairey Delta 1, Fairey Delta 2, BAC 221 and Short SC.1.

The maximum speed of the first prototypes XF-92 and YF-102 was limited to Mach 0.98 due a transonic drag much higher than expected, but the problem was solved on December 1954 using the aerodynamic principle named area rule, patented by Junkers on March 1944.

Swept wings with two trailing-edge fin and rudder units configuration from Arado E.583 and Junkers EF.128 project was used in the Chance Vought F7U Cutlass naval fighter.

The “bat wing” of the Messerschmitt Me P.1109-01 and Blohm und Voss P.208 projects was used in 1996 in the prototype Boeing Bird of Prey.

The oblique scissors wing of the Messerschmitt Me P.1109-01 and Blohm und Voss P.202 projects was flight tested in 1979 with the NASA Ames AD-1 research airplane.

The forward-swept wing of the German projects Heinkel He 162 D, Blohm und Voss P.209.02, BMW Strahlbomber II and Focke-Wulf P. 03028, was flight tested with the Grumman X-29 research plane in 1984.

The butterfly tailplane of the Heinkel P.1079A and Messerchmitt P.1110 projects was used in 1951 in the Supermarine Type 508 prototype and in the Fouga CM.170 jet trainer in 1952.

The Versuchsflugel II crescent wing of the Arado Ar 234 V16 project was used in the Handley Page H.P.88 research plane in 1951 and in the Handley Page Victor strategic bomber in 1952.

The tailless configuration of the Messerschmitt Me 163 Komet was flight tested in the research planes de Havilland D.H.108 in 1946, Northrop X-4 in 1948, and Payen Katy in 1954 and in the Douglas F4D Skyray naval fighter in 1951.

The double-delta configuration of the Henschel P.130 project was used by SAAB in their J35 Draken jet interceptor in 1955.

The jet/rocket mixed propulsion system of the Messerschmitt prototype Me 262 V074 and the Focke-Wulf Projekt VI Flitzer was used in the French interceptor Dassault Mirage IIIC in 1961 and in the British research airplane Saunders-Roe S.R. 177 in 1947.

The variable-geometry wing of the Messerschmitt P.1102-05 was used in the Bell X-5 and Mirage G prototypes, in the Grumman F-14 Tomcat naval fighter, in the MiG-23 fighter-bomber and in the Panavia Tornado bomber.

The radar AWACS rotating antenna of the airborne early warning airplanes Grumman E-2 Hawkeye and the AWACS Boeing E-3 Sentry, was developed in 1944 for the Arado Ar 234 C-3, to track a bomber stream up to distances of 45 km using a FuG 244 Bremen 0 radar set with a rotating disc above the fuselage.

The annular wing developed by von Zborowski for the Heinkel Wespe VTOL project, was flight tested in 1958 with the French prototype SNECMA Coléoptère.

The French DEFA and British ADEN 30 mm cannons were developed from the German Mauser MG 213C.

The Mighty Mouse air-to-air unguided rockets fired by the all-weather interceptors Lockheed F-94 Starfire, Northrop F-89 Scorpion and North American F-86 D Sabre Dog during the Cold War, were developed from the Rheinmetall R4M Orkan 55 mm rocket and their automatic firing radar system probably was a development of the German FuG 222 Pauke S fire control radar with Oberon-Elfe predictor system.

The ramjet propulsion of the German projects Lippisch P.13a, Skoda-Kauba SK P.12, Heinkel P.1080, Focke-Wulf Ta 283 and Messerschmitt P.1101L was flight tested by the North American F-51D c/n 44-63528 in 1946, the Lockheed F-80 Trijet in 1948, and the French prototypes Leduc 021 and Sud Ouest SO 9000 Trident in 1953.

The turboprop configuration of the Focke-Wulf P.0310226-17 project was flight tested in 1953 with the McDonnell XF-88B prototype and in 1955 by the Republic XF-84 H Thunderscreech research plane in 1955.

The canard foreplanes of the Blohm und Voss P.217 and Messerschmitt P.1110 (Feb 12, 1945) projects was used by the Dassault Mirage III Milan in 1969.

Several versions of the Fieseler Fi 103 (V-1) cruise missile were manufactured in USA, as Republic-Ford JB-2 Loon, in France as ARSAERO CT-10 and in the USRR as the Izdeliye 10.

The EMW V-2 ballistic missile were manufactured in the USRR as the R-1 in 1948, in USA as RTV-G-4 Bumper and developed as the PGM Redstone rocket of the Mercury project in 1958.

The Rheinmetall-Borsig Rheintochter surface-to-air missile concept inspired the Soviet SA-2 (1960) and the US Nike Ajax (1954).

The Doblhoff WNF 342 jet propelled rotor concept was used in the Hiller YH-32 Hornet helicopter in 1950, in the American Helicopter XH-26 Jet Jeep in 1952, in the Fairey Rotodyne compound gyroplane in 1957 and in the Fairey Gyrodyne prototype in 1957.

The SNECMA Atar 101 French turbojet was developed of the BMW 018 axial-flow turbojet ???

Last edited:
According to my sources, the situation of the British publishing industry is quite worrying.
I guess it depends on what books, which publisher and how they are sold.
Coronavirus: People 'rediscovering books' as lockdown sales jump - BBC News

This is what we've found. Sales of books are up across the board. The publishing industry did encounter difficulties when the first UK 'lockdown' came into effect, but that was seven or eight months ago.

Last edited:
New book proposal

Fighters of the early Cold War

-Mikoyan-Gurevich I-250N (MiG-13)

-Sukhoi I-107 (Su-5)

-Consolidated-Vultee XP-81

-Ryan FR-1

-Curtiss XF15C-1

-Alekseev I-215

-Lavochkin La-15

-Lavochkin La-150

-Lavochkin La-152

-Lavochkin La-160

-Lavochkin La-168/172/174

-Lavochkin La-174K

-Lavochkin La-176

-Lavochkin La-190

-Lavochkin La-200

-Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-9

-Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15

-Mikoyan-Gurevich I-320

-Sukhoi Su-11 (I)

-Sukhoi Su-15 (I)

-Sukhoi Su-17 (R)

-Yakovlev Yak-15

-Yakovlev Yak-17

-Yakovlev Yak-19

-Yakovlev Yak-23

-Yakovlev Yak-25

-Yakovlev Yak-30

-SAAB J-21R

-SAAB J-29A

-Tank IAE 33

-Arsenal VG 70/71/90

-Sud-Ouest SO 6020/6026

-Sud-Ouest SO 9000

-Dassault MD 450

-Dassault MD 452

-SNCA NC 1080

-Nord 2200

-de Havilland Vampire

-Gloster E.1/44

-Gloster Meteor

-Hawker Seahawk

-Hawker P.1052/1072

-Hawker P.1081

-Supermarine Attacker

-Supermarine Type 510

-Supermarine Type 541

-Supermarine Type 535

-Bell P-50

-Bell XP-83

-Lockheed P-80

-McDonnell FH-1

-Republic P-84 Thunderjet

-North American FJ-1

-North American F-86

-Vought F6U

Last edited:
New book proposal

-Sukhoi I-107 (Su-5)

-Ryan FR-1

-Curtiss XF15C-1

-Alekseev I-215

-Lavochkin La-15

-Lavochkin La-150

-Lavochkin La-152

-Lavochkin La-160

-Lavochkin La-174K

-Lavochkin La-176

-Lavochkin La-190

-Lavochkin La-200

-Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-9

-Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15

-Mikoyan-Gurevich I-320

-Sukhoi Su-11 (I)

-Sukhoi Su-15 (I)

-Sukhoi Su-17 (R)

-Yakovlev Yak-15

-Yakovlev Yak-17

-Yakovlev Yak-19

-Yakovlev Yak-23

-Yakovlev Yak-25

-Yakovlev Yak-30

-SAAB J-21R

-SAAB J-29A

-Tank IAE 33

-Arsenal VG 70/71/90

-Sud-Ouest SO 6020/6026

-Sud-Ouest SO 9000

-Dassault MD 450

-Dassault MD 452

-SNCA NC 1080

-Nord 2200

-de Havilland Vampire

-Gloster E.1/44

-Gloster Meteor

-Hawker Seahawk

-Hawker P.1052/1072

-Hawker P.1081

-Supermarine Attacker

-Supermarine Type 510

-Supermarine Type 541

-Supermarine Type 535

-Bell P-50

-Bell XP-83

-Lockheed P-80

-McDonnell FH-1

-North American FJ-1

-North American F-86

-Vought F6U
Alekseev I-21, I-210. I-211, I-212, I-213, I-214, I-215, I-215D, I-211S, I-217 versions, I-218 versions
+ Sukhoi Su-9 (K), Su-13

Last edited:
New book proposal

-Sukhoi I-107 (Su-5)

-Ryan FR-1

-Curtiss XF15C-1

-Alekseev I-215

-Lavochkin La-15

-Lavochkin La-150

-Lavochkin La-152

-Lavochkin La-160

-Lavochkin La-174K

-Lavochkin La-176

-Lavochkin La-190

-Lavochkin La-200

-Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-9

-Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15

-Mikoyan-Gurevich I-320

-Sukhoi Su-11 (I)

-Sukhoi Su-15 (I)

-Sukhoi Su-17 (R)

-Yakovlev Yak-15

-Yakovlev Yak-17

-Yakovlev Yak-19

-Yakovlev Yak-23

-Yakovlev Yak-25

-Yakovlev Yak-30

-SAAB J-21R

-SAAB J-29A

-Tank IAE 33

-Arsenal VG 70/71/90

-Sud-Ouest SO 6020/6026

-Sud-Ouest SO 9000

-Dassault MD 450

-Dassault MD 452

-SNCA NC 1080

-Nord 2200

-de Havilland Vampire

-Gloster E.1/44

-Gloster Meteor

-Hawker Seahawk

-Hawker P.1052/1072

-Hawker P.1081

-Supermarine Attacker

-Supermarine Type 510

-Supermarine Type 541

-Supermarine Type 535

-Bell P-50

-Bell XP-83

-Lockheed P-80

-McDonnell FH-1

-North American FJ-1

-North American F-86

-Vought F6U
Alekseev I-21, I-210. I-211, I-212, I-213, I-214, I-215, I-215D, I-211S, I-217 versions, I-218 versions
+ Sukhoi Su-9 (K), Su-13
Republic P-84 Thunderjet; Grumman F9F Panther.

I'd almost prefer a book on "The Last Piston Fighters", covering all the types that at least flew but were too late to make WWII. P-51H, P-72, P-82, F7F, F8F, Spitfire 22/24, Seafire 46/47, Spiteful, Seafang, Sea Fury, Sea Hornet, Wyvern 1, Firecrest, M.B.5, CA-15, G.56/59, Re.2006, La-9/11, D.3802/3803. I know that some of your existing or in-work books cover some of these already.

New book proposal

-Sukhoi I-107 (Su-5)

-Ryan FR-1

-Curtiss XF15C-1

-Alekseev I-215

-Lavochkin La-15

-Lavochkin La-150

-Lavochkin La-152

-Lavochkin La-160

-Lavochkin La-174K

-Lavochkin La-176

-Lavochkin La-190

-Lavochkin La-200

-Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-9

-Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15

-Mikoyan-Gurevich I-320

-Sukhoi Su-11 (I)

-Sukhoi Su-15 (I)

-Sukhoi Su-17 (R)

-Yakovlev Yak-15

-Yakovlev Yak-17

-Yakovlev Yak-19

-Yakovlev Yak-23

-Yakovlev Yak-25

-Yakovlev Yak-30

-SAAB J-21R

-SAAB J-29A

-Tank IAE 33

-Arsenal VG 70/71/90

-Sud-Ouest SO 6020/6026

-Sud-Ouest SO 9000

-Dassault MD 450

-Dassault MD 452

-SNCA NC 1080

-Nord 2200

-de Havilland Vampire

-Gloster E.1/44

-Gloster Meteor

-Hawker Seahawk

-Hawker P.1052/1072

-Hawker P.1081

-Supermarine Attacker

-Supermarine Type 510

-Supermarine Type 541

-Supermarine Type 535

-Bell P-50

-Bell XP-83

-Lockheed P-80

-McDonnell FH-1

-North American FJ-1

-North American F-86

-Vought F6U
+ Sukhoi Su-9 (K), Su-13

I'd almost prefer a book on "The Last Piston Fighters", covering all the types that at least flew but were too late to make WWII. P-51H, P-72, P-82, F7F, F8F, Spitfire 22/24, Seafire 46/47, Spiteful, Seafang, Sea Fury, Sea Hornet, Wyvern 1, Firecrest, M.B.5, CA-15, G.56/59, Re.2006, La-9/11, D.3802/3803. I know that some of your existing or in-work books cover some of these already.
Commonwealth CA-15, Goodyear F2G-1

New book proposal

-Sukhoi I-107 (Su-5)

-Ryan FR-1

-Curtiss XF15C-1

-Alekseev I-215

-Lavochkin La-15

-Lavochkin La-150

-Lavochkin La-152

-Lavochkin La-160

-Lavochkin La-174K

-Lavochkin La-176

-Lavochkin La-190

-Lavochkin La-200

-Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-9

-Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15

-Mikoyan-Gurevich I-320

-Sukhoi Su-11 (I)

-Sukhoi Su-15 (I)

-Sukhoi Su-17 (R)

-Yakovlev Yak-15

-Yakovlev Yak-17

-Yakovlev Yak-19

-Yakovlev Yak-23

-Yakovlev Yak-25

-Yakovlev Yak-30

-SAAB J-21R

-SAAB J-29A

-Tank IAE 33

-Arsenal VG 70/71/90

-Sud-Ouest SO 6020/6026

-Sud-Ouest SO 9000

-Dassault MD 450

-Dassault MD 452

-SNCA NC 1080

-Nord 2200

-de Havilland Vampire

-Gloster E.1/44

-Gloster Meteor

-Hawker Seahawk

-Hawker P.1052/1072

-Hawker P.1081

-Supermarine Attacker

-Supermarine Type 510

-Supermarine Type 541

-Supermarine Type 535

-Bell P-50

-Bell XP-83

-Lockheed P-80

-McDonnell FH-1

-North American FJ-1

-North American F-86

-Vought F6U
+ Sukhoi Su-9 (K), Su-13

And many more :)))))

New book proposal

-Sukhoi I-107 (Su-5)

-Ryan FR-1

-Curtiss XF15C-1

-Alekseev I-215

-Lavochkin La-15

-Lavochkin La-150

-Lavochkin La-152

-Lavochkin La-160

-Lavochkin La-174K

-Lavochkin La-176

-Lavochkin La-190

-Lavochkin La-200

-Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-9

-Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15

-Mikoyan-Gurevich I-320

-Sukhoi Su-11 (I)

-Sukhoi Su-15 (I)

-Sukhoi Su-17 (R)

-Yakovlev Yak-15

-Yakovlev Yak-17

-Yakovlev Yak-19

-Yakovlev Yak-23

-Yakovlev Yak-25

-Yakovlev Yak-30

-SAAB J-21R

-SAAB J-29A

-Tank IAE 33

-Arsenal VG 70/71/90

-Sud-Ouest SO 6020/6026

-Sud-Ouest SO 9000

-Dassault MD 450

-Dassault MD 452

-SNCA NC 1080

-Nord 2200

-de Havilland Vampire

-Gloster E.1/44

-Gloster Meteor

-Hawker Seahawk

-Hawker P.1052/1072

-Hawker P.1081

-Supermarine Attacker

-Supermarine Type 510

-Supermarine Type 541

-Supermarine Type 535

-Bell P-50

-Bell XP-83

-Lockheed P-80

-McDonnell FH-1

-North American FJ-1

-North American F-86

-Vought F6U
+ Sukhoi Su-9 (K), Su-13

And many more :)))))
:):):):):)

Despite the Government aid, at least one of the largest wholesalers has defaulted on its payment of the distributors and they are on stop. Their survival is very much in doubt, consequence of a sizeable bad debt.... Retailers and wholesalers returned all the stock that they could possibly dispense with to reduce their exposure.

I got interested in economics many years ago when a motorcycle salesman told me 'Any idiot can give stuff away, it needs a professional to make money.' The harsh reality is that a lot of UK Companies are run by idiots whose only ability is self-promotion, when one company in a sector is performing much better than another the only factor that applies is how it is run. In the first comment it seems that there is always an external factor that can be rolled out to 'explain' the latest shortcoming. This indicates poor management both by failing to reorganise to cope with the steady stream of 'issues', and taking their customers for granted. This isn't just in publishing it's endemic in UK businesses.
The second comment is another facet of the same issue. Rather than have explored alternative ways of getting stock sold the easy knee-jerk option of returning stock, not paying your bills, and completely failing to anticipate disruption in an increasingly fragile infrastructure is going to see a lot of companies struggle to survive.

This sounds harsh, but it's nothing like as harsh as the business these people operate in, by choice. In my time I've made several profitable investments by simply looking at the basics of a company's annual report. In one case the share price is about 10% of the 1989 price, that's in uncorrected numbers for inflation and AFTER the stock market crash. Against this the Directors and shareholders have seen ever increasing incomes financed by company assets being sold off (and thus enabling tax avoidance on a huge scale) and rented back. Insanity.

BOT there are a huge number of Secret Project volumes possible. However I'd suggest that including some that are available in model-kit form in each volume would be a good move. The more obscure subjects could be produced in book form as the excellent 'The Secret Horsepower Race' from Morton's. Keep print run realistic so those that are interested will have an incentive to buy when available rather than wait for discounted books to become available. This reinforces beneficial behavior and deters activities that harm the producer.

As a final thought it may be worth looking at popular subjects in the massively popular on-line games for subjects that may have a larger interest. A lot of players have developed a keen interest in the vehicles in these games having started on first person shooter games and matured as they grew up.