New book on the SNCASE SE.2010 Armagnac......

Caravellarella

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Dear Boys, Girls, Stéphane & Toura; just received today in the post. A present from a French former business partner; a superb volume on my second favourite aircraft ;D

Title - SE 2010 ARMAGNAC le Géant oublié.
Author - Laurent Gruz © 2010.
Publisher - www.livres.aero
Illustrators - Joël Mesnard & Srecko Bradic.
Price - €40.00.
Language - French with bilingual French/English captions.

and it's got plenty of "projects" too......

A very happy Terry (Caravellarella)

Attachments

• SE 2010 Armagnac - Le Géant oublié by Laurent Gruz.......jpg
    SE 2010 Armagnac - Le Géant oublié by Laurent Gruz.......jpg
    254 KB · Views: 114
hi Caravellarella
How are you.
Interesting ! Could I see the project se 2000 ?
Thanks.
Paul

Peut-être Toura, mais je dois lire d'abord! Il faut acheter?

Stargazer2006 said:
Seems like a great book!

It's a fantastic book Stéphane! I can hardly breathe! Actually, it's the book that I wish I had written; and, I've got some photogrpahs in my own collection that the Author hasn't included. Love the artist's impression/montage of an Armagnac refuelling THREE Grognards ;D

Some startling revelations too, and a new set of 3 view drawings (which means I'll have to redraw my own)......

Terry (Armagnacarella)

Caravellarella said:
Terry (Armagnacarella)

Can you picture a series of derivatives named Cognac, Blanzac, Gaillac, Pauillac and all the great wines and liquors of France? (hey, there was once a Bloch Bordeaux, if memory serves...).

Hi Caravellarella
Well ! I know, of course, the se armagnac test bed for jet engines
but refueling grognard ..........no !!
Bye

toura said:
Hi Caravellarella
Bye

or even an Armagnac with SIX Bristol Proteus turboprops (well two pairs of them are coupled Proteus) ;D

toura said:
Yes ! We must buy the books !

Dear Toura, the book isn't on amazon.fr or amazon.co.uk The author appears to work for Airbus or EADS. You might have to buy it direct from the publisher on-line......

http://www.daeschler.fr

......the same publisher as the Caravelle "Bible"......

The introduction says it all for me; without the Armagnac, there is no Caravelle, there is no Concorde and by implication no Airbus Industrie......

Terry (Caravellarella)

Dear Caravellarella
OK I read the summary !
They speak of se 2000 in 1943 and 1945.
All on the ARMAGNAC.......
AND.....the Protheus project
THANKS

Two Proteus projects, one initial (at Bristol's suggestion I think) to have coupled Proteus (as in the Brabazon II & SARO Princess) in the inboard nacelles and single Proteus in the outboard nacelles. One later project called SE.2040 (I need to check) with four standard Proteus. Also Allison XT-40 turboprops and Curtiss-Wright R-3350 turbo-compound piston engines ;D

Re: New book on the SNCASE SE.2010 Armagnac (with Grognards)......

toura said:
Hi Caravellarella
Bye

Toura, pour vous faire sourire ;)......

Are you sure this was not published in the April issue of an aviation magazine? Seems almost like an April's fool joke!

Stargazer2006 said:
Are you sure this was not published in the April issue of an aviation magazine? Seems almost like an April's fool joke!

Buy the book and see Stéphane. It really is an excellent book (beaucoup des uchronies dedans). Anyway, you need to join my Facebook Armagnac group too!

Terry (Caravellarella)