Please help me ID these space vehicle models.

circle-5

ACCESS: Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Here are a couple of vintage manufacturer models I need some help identifying. They are not at the same scale.

The top one (with Gemini) was displayed horizontally. It has no engines, which makes me think it might be a MOL. Except I don't remember all these corrugations on the MOL exterior.

I'm even less sure of the bottom one -- could be a Titan I with a stage on top, where the RV normally goes. I just don't know. Any help will be appreciated, as I am not a rocket scientist.

Attachments

• Rockets.jpg
    Rockets.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 75
Top one is very definitely a MOL model. Early artwork tended to show a "smooth" MOL, but by the end of the program, the corrugations were in full force. This model represents the final - or close to it - configuration. As such, it's an entirely worthless piece of junk. But being a generous soul, I'll take if off your hands for ten bucks.

titaniiim.gif

mol.jpg

Bottom model appears to be a Titan IIIB, a Titan III core vehicle with an Agena upper stage.
Titan_23B.jpg

Orionblamblam said:
Top one is very definitely a MOL model. Early artwork tended to show a "smooth" MOL, but by the end of the program, the corrugations were in full force. This model represents the final - or close to it - configuration. As such, it's an entirely worthless piece of junk. But being a generous soul, I'll take if off your hands for ten bucks.

Bottom model appears to be a Titan IIIB, a Titan III core vehicle with an Agena upper stage.

Thank you Orion, for this irrefutable evidence. I'm as happy as a politician with a new tax.

circle-5 said:
I'm as happy as a politician with a new tax.

That's disturbingly happy. But it's also an incomplete happiness, as the politician with a new tax is not satisfied. There are always
be4c703ed73456618ed283b892c6715a.png
more taxes that can be added. Do you have
be4c703ed73456618ed283b892c6715a.png
more models to be identified?

circle-5 said:
Orionblamblam said:

Thank you Orion, for this irrefutable evidence. I'm as happy as a politician with a new tax.
Here I was thinking the phrase went 'happy as a politician with a new corporation to scam the People for'. anyway. ;D They *all* work for each other and against regular citizens anyway these days, no matter what country or party.

[Fred_Sanford_Mode=ON]

Orionblamblam said:
As such, it's an entirely worthless piece of junk. But being a generous soul, I'll take if off your hands for ten bucks.

[Fred_Sanford_Mode=OFF]

...I figured you already had two in your collection, Scott. :)