Paul Poberezny Aircraft and Projects

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

who know more about aircraft from this well known designer,Paul Poberezny,I know
that P-1 was a monoplane with high-wing,P-2 was a single seat biplane,P-5 was a
low-wing sporting aircraft,P-9 Poper Pixie,P-10 Poper Cub and P-7 Pitts.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 307
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 304
Wikipedia mentions: Pober Sport Ace, Little Audrie and Acro Sport.

The Pober Sport Ace was developed from the Corben Baby Ace, single-seater, parasol monoplane, etc.
Both Corben and Poberzeny also developed 2-seater variants of the Ace.
Starting in 1973, Poberezny developed the Pober Pixie which was also a parasol and looked like a cross between a Corben Baby Ace and a Leslie Long Parasol.

Paul Poberezny also designed a series of biplanes based on the (1930s vintage) Gere Sport. The EAA Biplane (P-1) was a single-seater, designed by a team of engineers led by Paul. An updated version was called the EAA AcromSport Biplane, soon followed by the EAA Acro Sport 2 biplane. All were capable of mild aerobatics.

In 1953, Paul rebuilt an old (Ben Howard) midget racer into "Little Audrie" with Luscombe wings.

All of Paul Poberezny's airplane used a mixture of construction methods: steel tube fuselages surrounded by wooden formers covered with fabric. Wings usually had wooden spars and ribs covered with fabric.
Most used near-stock Continental or Lycoming, flat-four aircraft engines ranging in horsepower from 40 to 180 horsepower.

Visit the EAA Museum (Oshkosh, Wisconsin) to see most of Paul's prototypes.

Thank you Riggerrob,

but do you know his Projects ?.

Most of what I know about Paul Poberezny's projects, I have learned from reading "Sport Aviation" magazine and visiting the EAA Museum in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. The EAA website includes links to their museum and brief descriptions of Paul's planes that are on display at the EAA Museum.

Thank you Riggerrob,

and we can conclusion that the P-3,4,6 & 8 were a Projects.

I want to quick add that I am thrilled to see this topic on here! Great to see the homebuilding world get attention here!

Wahubna said:
I want to quick add that I am thrilled to see this topic on here! Great to see the homebuilding world get attention here!

Hi Wahubna,

I like homebuilt aircraft,specially Projects ?.

hesham said:
Wahubna said:

Hi Wahubna,

I like homebuilt aircraft,specially Projects ?.

The cool thing about the homebuilding world is specialty projects are the norm...For example: Mike Patey's tubroprop Lancair Legacy, Wasabi Air Racing's TWERP, RDD's LX7, the radial RV, Sonex has a ton, and so on. Love it.

There is an incredible variety in the E-AB world all thanks to Paul Poberezny starting EAA! We lost a good man when he died.

Thanks for it all Paul.

Tailwinds & Blue Skies.

I purchased Paul Poberezny's Super Ace prototype back in July and had it shipped out here to Arizona. Reinstalled the wings today.

Terry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 34