Hi,

this aircraft Project is never mentioned in Aerofiles site;

http://www.aerofiles.com/_pa.html

Attachments

• pacific-airmotive-pac1.jpg
    pacific-airmotive-pac1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 373
My dear Apophenia,

here is the GAC-100,offered with two or four engines.

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15215.msg18342.html#msg18342

Nice find my dear Toura,

but I search on AW archive,nothing.

toura said:
! ! I don't remember perhaps from "aw&st"

This is typically a three-view drawing from Air International.

Couldn't find much on the PAC-1 besides these images. Apparently the company was initially founded by John W. Myers in Burbank, California, to retrofit North American T-28 Trojans as the Nomad Mk. I and Mk. II general-purpose planes, starting in 1958. They also did a custom 13-seat conversion of the Beech 18 to commuter/executive transport as the Tradewind.

The PAC-1 evolved (considerably) into the General Aircraft GAC-100, circa 1968, which in turn led to the Commuter Aircraft CAC-100 project of 1981. The latter two companies were run by Dr. Lynn L. Bollinger (who originally co-founded the Helio company).

The following may perhaps be of interest.

In the summer of 1973, General Aircraft negotiated with unidentified Canadian interests to start production in Vancouver, British Columbia, of a twin-engine version of the GAC-100 commuterliner. These Canadian interests would control the company which was to do the work.

The GAC-100 actually saw the light of day in 1968. It was then a four-engine aircraft designed by General Aircraft with the help of another American company, Aircraft Engineering. An Australian state-owned company, the Government Aircraft Factory, participated in that production project. In the fall of 1969, Pacific Airmotive agreed to manufacture the GAC-100 in its shops. This agreement was canceled in the spring of 1970 when the parent company of the small American company, detergent maker Purex, decided to give up aviation. Suddenly, General Aircraft was forced to put the GAC-100 on the back burner. The aircraft resurfaced in the late summer of 1972 when the U.S. Civil Aeronautics Board increased the maximum permissible weight of commuterliners usable in the United States.

This increase explained the Canadian factory project mentioned above. The discussions concerning it did not yield any results, however. General Aircraft became Commuter Aircraft around 1980-81. The CAC-100, a four-engine aircraft capable of carrying up to sixty passengers, was abandoned around 1985 even before the construction of a prototype

Also from American Aviation 1969.

Attachments

• 20.png
    20.png
    707.3 KB · Views: 20