le max

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is not already in the forum. It mentions a variant of the P.108 with heavier armament, the source is not specificated. Article Here:

"P.108M Modificato:
Intended modification of P.108B with heavier armament. None built"

Does anyone has something that could help me know how this variant looked like?

Thanks in advance.

Is the first time that I hear such designation.

Probably it was envisioned to have the same heavier defence armament of the P 133 (the 20 mm cannons).

first time that I hear such designation
P.108M mentioned in Italian Civil and Military Aircraft 1930-1945 by Jonathan Thompson, Aero Publishers 1963, p.228
A late production P.108B, designated P.108M (Modificato) had a forward-firing armament of four 7.7-mm. machine guns and one 20.-mm. cannon.

Last edited:
P.108M mentioned in Italian Civil and Military Aircraft 1930-1945 by Jonathan Thompson, Aero Publishers 1963, p.228
Thank you dear Arjen, archipeppe was going in the right direction, the book says: "A late production P.108B, designated P.108M (Modificato) had a forward-firing armament of four 7.7-mm. machine guns and one 20.-mm. cannon."

Quite, I was amending my reply as you typed. Precious little more to be found, for now.

The P.133 should have 4 x 12,5 mm machine guns fitted into a nose turret (probably like the first B-24) while other 6 x 20 mm cannons would be in single turrets (two on top, two on sides, one below and one in the rear).

My opinion is that P.108M should be some test aircraft intended to test in flight the 20 mm cannon.

Cool image, but I was refering to the 5 guns turret in the nose of the P.108M. Nonetheless, this could give us an idea.