Noury Aircraft ?

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

I know Noury T-65 and N-75 aircraft,but I heard that company had anther light aircraft
Project ?,does anyone know it ?.

http://www.canadianflight.org/content/fleet-80

From "Canadian Aircraft Since 1909":

First Noury design flew on 21 January 1940, registered CF-BPX and named Noury Monoplane. It had a 65 hp engine, and side by side seating. There is no record of any manufacturer's model number, but it MIGHT have been N-65.

Noury then developed a 75 hp variant. On the Canadian Registration the manufactur's model is listed as N-75, registered as CF-BYW. The design rights were sold to Fleet and this became the Fleet Model 80 and 81 Canuck, with an 80 hp engine. Noury then developed a tandem seater, named the Noranda, model T-65, registered as CF-BYX-X. The company went broke before any further aircraft were built. The book has no mention of other projects.

Thank you Bill Walker,

I heard that,there was a project called N-85,mentioned in a site on Internet from
long time ago,but it was removed.

Perhaps with this 'N-85', Bob Noury was anticipating the Fleet 80 engine change? FWIW, my Noury list is:

Noury 'Monoplane' - Jan 1940, 2-seat high-wing monoplane*
- 'Monoplane': 1 x 65 hp Continental A65-3, c/n 1, CF-BPX
-- * Side-by-side seats, strut-braced wood wing, span 11.20 m

Noury N-75 - Late 1944, 2-seat* high-wing monoplane
- N-75 Series 1: 1 x 75 hp Continental A-75, c/n 1, CF-BYW
-- * Side-by-side, wings as per 'Monoplane', span 10.11 m
-- Fleet 80 Canuck: Sept 1945, mod.** N-75, CF-BYW-X***
-- ** 85 hp C-85 lower/further fwd, metal subst. for wood
-- *** N-75 also marked CF-BYW-X (X poss. as an add-on?)
-- http://www.fleetcanuck.club/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Noury-building-768x478.jpg

Noury T-65 Series 1 - Nov 1945, 2-seat* high-wing monoplane
- T-65 Series 1: 1 x 65 hp Continental A-65, c/n 1, CF-BYX
-- * Tandem seats (narrow fuselage reduced span to 9.85 m)
-- aka Noury Noranda

On designations, presumably 'N' is for Noury, 'T' for Tandem?

BTW: Noury Aircraft Ltd was established in 1942 in a former fruit cannery (or winery, depending upon source) at 928 Queenston Rd., Stony Creek, Ontario. While designing the N-75 and T-65, Bob Noury was placing ads in The Ottawa Journal in March 1944 looking for partners"

"Any company that would consider manufacturing light aircraft parts or handle an agency are Invited to write Noury Aircraft Limited Stoney Creek, Ontario."

After the N-75 sale to Fleet, Noury Aircraft Ltd carried on operations sometime into 1946 - in June or July, Noury Aircraft overhauled DH.60M Moth CF-CFR at Stoney Creek. In September 1946, Aviation Week had a note in its 'Aviation News' section:

"Latest addition to Canada's aviation industry is Noury Aircraft, Ltd., recently organized at Stoney Creek, Ont., to produce a new tandem trainer."

But, by that time, Noury Aircraft Limited was probably already out of business.

Many thanks to you my dear Apophenia.

Fleet Canuck replaced most of the wooden parts with stamped sheet aluminum. They were built at the Fleet factory in Fort Erie, Ontario (close to the South end of the Niagara River). Like many light-plane builders, Fleet produced large numbers of airframes during the late 1940s, but stopped production as soon as they realized veterans were not interested in flying for fun.
After closing the Canuck production line, Fleet continued making sub-assemblies for airliners.

The Stony Creek address was a cannery before Noury moved in, and is a winery today. That pretty much sums up the industrial history of Stony Creek and surroundings.

Any pictures of the Noury Monoplane and the T.65?
Thanks...

Maveric: My scanners not hooked up at the moment but if you can get access to Canadian Aircraft since 1909 (KM Molson & HA Taylor, Canada's Wings, Stittsville, ON, 1979) there is a photo of the 'Monoplane' on page 419; the T-65 Noranda on page 420; and the N-75 on page 355.

Bill: Thanks for the Stony Creek clarification.

Since we're also talking Fleet, I've seen mention of a proposed tandem-seat Model 80 variant. I'm not sure if this is just confusion with the Noury T-65 or if Fleet actually intended on a tandem Canuck. The latter seems improbable since Bob Noury had abandoned efforts to sell the T-65 in 1946.

No mentioned so far was Fleet's sole Model 81 3-seater, c/n X-238, CF-FAL (which was converted into a Fleet 80 for sale).

Canuck production at Fort Erie lasted until 1947. Around then, Leavens Bros., Ltd. of Toronto acquired the rights from Fleet along with the Canuck jigs, tools, and some finished components. Leaven Bros. assembled 25 Canucks (+ one fuselage) ... but when? (Online sources say not until 1965-1966.)

Canuck rights (and Leavens' remaining parts) were sold to Marcel Dorion Aviation, Inc. of Montreal. According to Molson/Taylor (pg 357), Marcel Dorion Aviation intended to develop a 4-seat version for production.

According to Neil MacDougall, "The rights eventually went to Jeannine Dupuis and La Societé Air Canuck 80 Inc. of Montréal." Air Canuck 80 Inc. (1860917) was incorporated in March 1985, dissolved in Aug 2008, but revived in April 2010. Air Canuck 80 Inc. doesn't seem to have been active since 2014. So, perhaps they sold on the rights to the Canuck?

http://www.canaero.ca/subpages/Article%20content/fleetcanuckpage4-.html
CanAero - Canadian Aviation History - Canadian classic: Fleet 80 Canuck - page 4

Apophenia said:
-- ** 85 hp C-85 lower/further fwd, metal subst. for wood

Many thanks to you my dear Apophenia,

and I think that's the solution,that old site thought this variant N-85.

Hi, would anyone know of a bio or an obituary for J. Omer "Bob" Noury. I am wondering if this is the same J.O. Noury that was the president of Aviation Aids and Technical Services (AATS) at Dorval airport in Montreal. AATS did some work for Saunders Aircraft for the Saunders ST-27, research is for my Saunders Aircraft history book - see my blog at https://saundersaircraft.blogspot.com/

Attachments

• Aviation Aids and Technical Services at Dorval - J O Noury letterhead.jpg
    Aviation Aids and Technical Services at Dorval - J O Noury letterhead.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 16
Hi, would anyone know of a bio or an obituary for J. Omer "Bob" Noury. I am wondering if this is the same J.O. Noury that was the president of Aviation Aids and Technical Services (AATS) at Dorval airport in Montreal. AATS did some work for Saunders Aircraft for the Saunders ST-27, research is for my Saunders Aircraft history book - see my blog at https://saundersaircraft.blogspot.com/
Welcome aboard Kenair,

of course we know ST-27 and ST-28,but if there was any unknown
Projects ?.

Welcome aboard Kenair,

of course we know ST-27 and ST-28,but if there was any unknown
Projects ?.

There was also ST-30,from JAWA 1972.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 7