Northrop N-102 Fang RC model

sygy00

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Here I am, waaaaaaay late to the party. But I've been thinking about this airplane a lot over the years, and I think I may actually build a radio control airplane of this beast. I've attached some concept art of what such an RC plane might look like. It would be glow engine powered with a prop, but that's OK with me. I have, however, taken liberties to "refine" the design more to my liking and sensibilities. For example, I changed the wing to a 51 deg sweep delta rather than the 60 deg of the actual mockup. This is because I have always thought that the boat was missed by damn near everybody to have a jet with a large, moderate sweep delta wing with a tail. The RC model will have conical camber, or more likely a variation of that which is easier to build - but it will have progressive airfoil and camber changes along the span (I've done these before). I believe this airplane with a J79 would have been an outstanding fighter, and imagine later upgrades with an F404 or even an F414.

Hopefully this concept will tickle your fancy in some way. I'll chime back in if I get around to starting this design.
Cheers

Attachments

• N102 03b.png
    N102 03b.png
    339.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Fang 12-03.png
    Fang 12-03.png
    352.2 KB · Views: 121