F22 Raptor Cross Sections

Yak

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hi All,

Some time (a couple of years) ago there was a nice image containing multiple views as well as a whole bunch of cross sections of the F-35 in high resolution.

Does anyone on the list happen to still have it and if so be willing to share?

I'm working on a RC slope soarer of this plane and the cross sections would be invaluable as I am building up the fuselage by cuting 50mm slices with my CNC hot wire machine. Am willing to share all of the fruits of this excercise (CAD models etc) that I develop with whoever can help me with the image.

Next one on the drawing board will be an F-22 so if you know of / have any good 3-views and or cross sections I'd love to hear from you.

Regards
Marty

http://www.parkjets.com/free-plans
Plenty of models with diagrams included

HI YAK,
You have the principals unreal cross sections on RC universe.
I'ts a 3 D / 2 D draw, but the drawer have been so much sollicited and is a little beat nervous.
Another 3 D draw made by mike james can be founded on the net but mike sell his draw 250 dollars us.
Paralay in russia have good document i post here you must find the others.
If you haven't money you can start with the documents i give you.
The revell cross sections plan is a real model saw cut.
you have also the rc cross sections.
Marty these plans are not the real plans.
They are not already on line.
good luck!

Attachments

• f2264.jpg
    f2264.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 362
  • Bulkheads3.jpg
    Bulkheads3.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 317
  • f3scncap.jpg
    f3scncap.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC_4898.jpg
    DSC_4898.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 279
  • revell_f22_scans_01.jpg
    revell_f22_scans_01.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 312
  • revell_f22_scans_07.jpg
    revell_f22_scans_07.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 169
  • f229 .jpg
    f229 .jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_4897-1.jpg
    DSC_4897-1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 190
Hi Bruno and Rafael,

Thanks you very much for the various images.

I have been working for a couple of days on what I think are CAD files derived from the set that you (Bruno) detail in DSC_4898.jpg.

My current aim is to model these back into 3D (I have only the bulhead outlines showing correctly in my CAD package due to DXF issues) and then re-cut the result into 50mm slices so that I can then transfer these to my CNC hotwire for actual cutting out of EPP foam.

Rafael, thanks for the depron site. My construction technique is going to be a little different as I'm not forming this thing out of flat sheets. Will post some pictures here shortly if anyone is interested.

The F-35 file I am trying to locate is a hi-res scan of an LM orginal I believe. (FW9709001)

Maybe I am being a bit ridiculous but I'm trying for accuracy on the fuselage shape as I'm interested in seeing how it will fly as a slope soarer (should be fairly heavy and could do well in combat, certainly against the cheap flying wings that you often face on slope sites).

EPP rocks! :)

Regards
Marty