leaded50

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
French two prototypes buildt in 1919... is said to be one of the best looking aircraft of the WW1. The name " Sesquiplane" means 'one-and-a-half wings.'"
Its sleek smooth streamlined wooden monocoque shell of tulipwood, was produced by winding thin spiral strips around a mould in a series of alternately handed layers and glueing them together. It tapered to the rear, with an almost delta-shaped horizontal tailplane . It had a auxiliary aerofoil surface who enclosed the undercarriage axle and the upper portions of the wheels.
It has a slight curbed LE on the wing and TE straight.
Nieuport built racing aircraft before World War I and fighter aircraft during World War I and between the wars.
Specially modified Nieuport 31 aircraft set speed and height records, and the 31 was the first aircraft to exceed 200 mph in level flight.
Later developed Nieuport versions was made as racer for Coupe Deutch airracing.
Nieuport 31 was later refined ino the more famous Nieuport-Delage NiD 62 frontline fighter in the 1920s and 1930s and still in service in some reserve units as late as 1940..

With measures from the original, i buildt it in 1:10 scale in foamboard. Minor change needed to be done at extending nose, for a better weight distribution vs CG reference on the RC model. And on main wingroot where connects to fuselage. Its quite broad wingroot and ancillary lifting surface built around the axle of its wide-track undercarriage seems giving it exellent close to, STOL capabillity . Short take-off and nice floating glide performances.

DSC_1115b.png DSC_1113b.png DSC_1112b.png

Attachments

• DSC_1115b.png
    DSC_1115b.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 10