Next-Generation Rotorcraft Capability (NGRC)

And the interesting bit in the article 'However, there are three outsiders in the mix as well, with bids received from Lithuanian company Jetcopter, Canada-based Bornea Dynamics, and, somewhat surprisingly, Deloitte – the international accountancy and consultancy firm.'
Well, Deloitte make their money by winning a consultancy contract, pitching a fantastic sounding set of changes with a superb set of powerpoints and then not hanging around for the result. I can see the attraction in military procurement, they can make an initial pitch, get the consultancy contract and then bail before being expected to have to actually make anything.

Interesting that the NGRC requirements are for only 12-16 troops and a ~5m long cabin. So they’re not asking for any more internal carrying capacity than an NH90 - not even clear that a rear ramp is required.

So my idea of an S-92 sized cabin is probably off. Removing the rear ramp does make a Racer-like solution with pusher props less problematic.

I imagine everyone is going to have trouble with the folding footprint requirement…

Interesting that the NGRC requirements are for only 12-16 troops and a ~5m long cabin. So they’re not asking for any more internal carrying capacity than an NH90 - not even clear that a rear ramp is required.

So my idea of an S-92 sized cabin is probably off. Removing the rear ramp does make a Racer-like solution with pusher props less problematic.

I imagine everyone is going to have trouble with the folding footprint requirement…
I suspect that two of the parameters in play with this decision are 1. cost (prime consideration), and 2. the desire to move only the smallest tactical unit in the platform. A senior infantry non-commissioned officer once told me "I can react better to the loss of a squad than I can of an entire platoon."