- Joined
- 19 July 2016
- Messages
- 4,826
- Reaction score
- 4,294
https://www.popularmechanics.com/mi...egic-long-range-cannon-bring-back-battleship/
I thought this topic had died with the 1000s.
I thought this topic had died with the 1000s.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/mi...egic-long-range-cannon-bring-back-battleship/
I thought this topic had died with the 1000s.
The closest term would probably be a monitor.
it would likely be unarmored and far closer to a monitor.
t would be a dedicated fire support ship, essentially a monitor.
There are fundamental arguments against landships (mainly the limitations of roads, bridges, and their ability to cross the terrain). Against supergun on naval ship, the arguments are mainly technological - to be efficient, such gun must be stabilized well, and stabilizing 100+ ton barrel in all required axis would be... let's just say the kind of task you wish upon someone you Really Did Not Like.Well the tracked Land Battleships of the 1910's 1920's issue of Popular Mechanics too did not arrived. I've expect the same here.
There are fundamental arguments against landships (mainly the limitations of roads, bridges, and their ability to cross the terrain). Against supergun on naval ship, the arguments are mainly technological - to be efficient, such gun must be stabilized well, and stabilizing 100+ ton barrel in all required axis would be... let's just say the kind of task you wish upon someone you Really Did Not Like.Well the tracked Land Battleships of the 1910's 1920's issue of Popular Mechanics too did not arrived. I've expect the same here.