New new battleships, again, or is this just deja vous, again?

I thought this topic had died with the 1000s.

Even if someone did decide to mount a weapon like SLRC on a naval platform, that would not be a battleship. The resulting vessel would not be heavily armored, it would not be designed to fight other equivalent warships, and it would not be called a battleship. The closest term would probably be a monitor.

even if this happens (which I highly doubt) and even if the navy were to adopt it for a gun focused vessel (which I doubt even more), it would likely be unarmored and far closer to a monitor. It wouldn't be designed to fight other heavily armed large gun vessels, it'd be a shore bombardment ship.

If it would be possible to fit it on the ship - and I'm not sure, since it would probably be an awful problem to stabilize a massive supergun in all required axis of movement - it would be a dedicated fire support ship, essentially a monitor.

Well the tracked Land Battleships of the 1910's 1920's issue of Popular Mechanics too did not arrived. I've expect the same here.

Well the tracked Land Battleships of the 1910's 1920's issue of Popular Mechanics too did not arrived. I've expect the same here.
There are fundamental arguments against landships (mainly the limitations of roads, bridges, and their ability to cross the terrain). Against supergun on naval ship, the arguments are mainly technological - to be efficient, such gun must be stabilized well, and stabilizing 100+ ton barrel in all required axis would be... let's just say the kind of task you wish upon someone you Really Did Not Like.

There are fundamental arguments against landships (mainly the limitations of roads, bridges, and their ability to cross the terrain). Against supergun on naval ship, the arguments are mainly technological - to be efficient, such gun must be stabilized well, and stabilizing 100+ ton barrel in all required axis would be... let's just say the kind of task you wish upon someone you Really Did Not Like.

You could use the pseudo stabilization techniques from modern tanks like the M1 -- once a firing solution is set and the gun is pointing in almost the right spot, wait for the muzzle to bounce back to the required position before firing, rather than trying to hold the gun in exact alignment. And use projectile guidance to help correct any launch errors as well. But yeah, it's likely to be a massive engineering effort just to accomplish that.