New Barnes Wallis website

irmurray

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have now created a new site with information about Sir Barnes Wallis, and more about my forthcoming book - please visit www.SirBarnesWallis.com

The site includes a forum which I invite you to join.

Regards,

Iain.

something that now at top of my want list...
thanks for this great job, Iain!

irmurray said:
Hi all,

I have now created a new site with information about Sir Barnes Wallis, and more about my forthcoming book - please visit www.SirBarnesWallis.com

The site includes a forum which I invite you to join.

Regards,

Iain.

We can put some of those CAD drawings here.

Attachments

• WildGoose.jpg
    WildGoose.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 323
  • Swallow.jpg
    Swallow.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 324
  • Cascade.jpg
    Cascade.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 317
  • SwallowA.jpg
    SwallowA.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 313
  • Universal.jpg
    Universal.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 298
Neat site, Iain, I look forward to the book. Geodetic structures have always fascinated me. I noted this comment about the R.100 airship's structure:

The production engineering techniques which Wallis had pioneered on R.80 were further developed on R.100 - most of R.100's structure was built from just 11 components (which could thus be mass-produced in their millions) and the entire structure was built from just 41 different components.

Does your book include or can you point me toward more details of how this was accomplished?

Cheers,

Matthew

Nice. I hope the site can grow and become a fount of all things Barnes Wallis.

One of the more favourite books on my shelf is Morpurgo's biography of Barnes Wallis. He mentions pretty much in passing such delights as ... well, I am hoping that you will tell us more about Wallis' sidelines and minor projects that Morpurgo did.