• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Mirage IVM weapon(s)?

frank

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
I've been on a Mirage IV modeling kick recently. I'm finishing my 1/72 IVB (Heller's 1/48 IV modified) & getting the Mega Mirage, Minerve Mirage IV & IVM lined out. Having perused older posts here regarding Mirages, the little info & drawing of the IVM doesn't mention or show weapon(s) carriage. Was it to have carried the same weapon as the standard IV or what? Anyone know?

frank

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. While it's not a 'navalised Mirage IV', Heller's Mirage IV is certainly the best starting point for sure. Since you seem to have a good bit of info, do you know what sort of canopy it would have used? I'm thinking similar to the Mirage III, not the closed-up Mirage IV type.

Archibald

Reaction score
I'm finishing my 1/72 IVB (Heller's 1/48 IV modified)

DO YOU MEAN THAT YOU BUILD A 1/72 SCALE MIRAGE IVB ??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I really want to see that!
What did you used as basis ?
I thought about building it grafting 1/48 Mirage IV wings onto an airfix TSR-2...

Btw for Mirage IVM weapons you can bet on a mixed Mirage IIIC / IIIE weapon load, I would say
- R-530 / AIM-9 B for A2A
- stock french A2G weapons for strike (SNEB rocket pods, Martel, old AS-30 variant, dumb bombs such as the BAT/ BAP series and so on).
Of course the plane being bigger and twin-engine weapon load would be Mirage III*1.5

frank

Reaction score
As I said, it's basically a 1/48 Mirage IV. I made a new fin from plastic sheet & I'm working on a new, extended canopy at the moment. From the drawing & info I have of the IVB, a 1/48 IV is pretty close for 1/72 scale. I'll keep you updated.

Archibald said:
I'm finishing my 1/72 IVB (Heller's 1/48 IV modified)

DO YOU MEAN THAT YOU BUILD A 1/72 SCALE MIRAGE IVB ??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I really want to see that!
What did you used as basis ?
I thought about building it grafting 1/48 Mirage IV wings onto an airfix TSR-2...

Btw for Mirage IVM weapons you can bet on a mixed Mirage IIIC / IIIE weapon load, I would say
- R-530 / AIM-9 B for A2A
- stock french A2G weapons for strike (SNEB rocket pods, Martel, old AS-30 variant, dumb bombs such as the BAT/ BAP series and so on).
Of course the plane being bigger and twin-engine weapon load would be Mirage III*1.5

Jemiba

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Good success, if you use a Mirage IV kit as basis, you'll need a good file ! ;)
I once took the canopy, as shown in Cunys book, for granted, but maybe a
type as shown in aerokurier 1957 would be more realistic ? (Notice, it just was
a not very accurate artist impression of the Mirage V)

Attachments

• Mirage_IV-IVM_comp.GIF
    Mirage_IV-IVM_comp.GIF
    56 KB · Views: 364
  • Mirage-IV-Artist.JPG
    Mirage-IV-Artist.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 313

frank

Reaction score
Hey, even better, except, egads!, overlaying the 2 is a drastic diff, not so obvious just eyeballing & measuring! Oh, well, I guess why there's such a thing as artistic license! Thanks.

Jemiba said:
Good success, if you use a Mirage IV kit as basis, you'll need a good file ! ;)
I once took the canopy, as shown in Cunys book, for granted, but maybe a
type as shown in aerokurier 1957 would be more realistic ? (Notice, it just was
a not very accurate artist impression of the Mirage V)