• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Mikoyan/Gurevich MiG Ye-150/-152('E-166')/-152A

Archibald

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Thanks. They look good together. The comparison really gives a sense of the relative scales.

To everyone else, nice comments and ideas. I'd love to ask why the F-105 was never exported (ie. Mig-19 or Abraham's mentioned agility limits) - But I didn't mean to divert the thread off topic in the first place.

Was the F-105 actually openly offered to foreign Air Forces by the U.S.?

Regards
Pioneer

how about this, for a start ?

blackkite

Don't laugh, don't cry, don't even curse, but.....
Reaction score
Hi! I modify my table for big MiG according to "PUTNAM MiG Aircraft since 1937 Bill Gunston & Yefim Gordon".

Attachments

• BIG MIG.JPG
    BIG MIG.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 54
  • E-152P.jpg
    E-152P.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 39
  • E-152P THREE SIDE VIEW DRAWING.jpg
    E-152P THREE SIDE VIEW DRAWING.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Model of E-152M.jpg
    Model of E-152M.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 44
  • E-152M as E-166.jpg
    E-152M as E-166.jpg
    695.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. They look good together. The comparison really gives a sense of the relative scales.

To everyone else, nice comments and ideas. I'd love to ask why the F-105 was never exported (ie. Mig-19 or Abraham's mentioned agility limits) - But I didn't mean to divert the thread off topic in the first place.

Was the F-105 actually openly offered to foreign Air Forces by the U.S.?

Regards
Pioneer

how about this, for a start ?
I meant the whole sub conversation about F-105 exports. Seems like an opportunity for a new topic to me.

blackkite

Don't laugh, don't cry, don't even curse, but.....
Reaction score
Hi! E-152M.
Source : youtube

Attachments

• E-152M.JPG
    E-152M.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 87

nuuumannn

Cannae be ar*ed changing my personal text
Reaction score
The Ye-166 was used for exploration into the structural and aerodynamic requirements of flight at speeds of more than 1864 mph (3000 km/h).
This aircraft at Monino, although decorated as 'E166' is in fact the E 152M. The designation 'E166' was given to the E152-1 when it achieved a few world records and was certified by the FAI under that designation, but the aircraft at Monino is not the E152-1 that claimed the records. I guess the museum wanted to portray the type, so had the one they had painted up in its sister's markings. I took this photo years ago during a very rainy visit to Monino, in the days of real photos, hence the poor quality.

Mikoyan Gurevich Ye-152M Flipper 001

Pioneer

Seek out and close with the enemy
Reaction score
It was an interesting read and how he thought the canard made it like an F-16 at supersonic speeds, which I could see as being true in that the canard shifted the AC forward at super sonic speeds to limit supersonic trim drag. Whereas, the F-16 being unstable at subsonic speeds allowed the F-16 to be slightly stable at supersonic speeds, thereby limiting it's supersonic trim drag. However, I would argue that the F-16 took it a step further with it's subsonic maneuverability due to being unstable at subsonic speeds.

Although, I think it's safe to argue the entire MiG-21 program could be seen as the godfather of the LWF program.

The MiG-21 already outperformed the F-4 at slow speeds handily, the Ye-8 would have improved somewhat subsonically due to the higher thrust/weight ratio, while also doubling allowable G at high speed and high altitude, This would probably be enough to ensure superiority over the F-4 at all speeds and altitudes and it would have reigned supreme until the F-15 / F-16.

The USSR went totally the opposite way with the eventual MiG-23, .....
Interesting analogy, which I have a strong tendency to agree with overscan.

Regards
Pioneer