MiG-21 photos (verification)

Skybound

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hi people,

I am a new member here, and in my introduction a few days back, I said I planned to write a book on the MiG-21.
I also said that I have the airwar.ru website owner who has allowed me the use of whichever photos I need for my book, which is great.

However, not wanting to break any copyright laws, I asked him if the photos were legally ok. A few days later, he replied that the photos were obtained from open sources, and any other photos that are not have the photographer's name, which is true.

I am a little worried about the 'open source' photos as there are other sites on the internet which have the same photos as airwar.ru.

These are the sites I am referring to (with photos of some models I need for the book) :

Now, if all these sites have the pics also, it might mean they are open source, or it may mean that the photos are copied from airwar.ru. or авиару.рф, or ruslet.webnode.cz, or somewhere else.

I have attached some of the pics I plan to use in the attachments below from airwar.ru.

Before I do that, does anyone here know if the photos are open source ( I think the aiwar.ru owner means in the 'Public Domain', as Open Source refers mainly to software) as these sites claim? If not I might not be able to proceed with the book. I don't mean I don't believe the owner of airwar.ru. It's just that I need to make sure things are pretty much ok.

I have to say, I noticed some posters have attached photos from these sites here, which gives me some hope.

I would really love to use these photos (and a few others) in my book, so, if anyone knows the answer, please let me know!

Cheers,
Theo

Attachments

• E2.jpg
    E2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 14
  • E-2A.jpg
    E-2A.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 11
  • E4.jpg
    E4.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 13