Metrovick Meteor

red admiral

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anybody have any pictures of the Meteor that was flying with Metrovick F.2s in 1943?

I have a dying urge to fit Metrovick F.3s of 4300lb thrust ea and longer nacelles to the Meteor in order to combat Luft46.

Thanks

From James Goulding "Interceptor" ISBN 0 7110 1583 X (a masterpiece)

DG204 was the only F9/40 to fly with Metropolitan-Vickers F2 axial-flow gas-turbines, potencially the most advanced gas-turbines then under test.

Regards,

Antonio

Attachments

• DG204.jpg
    DG204.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 536
From Jet Aircraft of the World Green and Cross 1955. Original a bit small.

Attachments

• meteor F2s.jpg
    meteor F2s.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 591
Many thanks.

It might prove more problematic than I thought to use F.3s instead. Have to remodel the nacelles.

Metrovick F.3 cutaway from Flight International http://www.flightglobal.com/ImageArchive/Image.aspx?GalleryName=Cutaways/Aeroengines/Aeroengines-Jet&Image=Metrovick-F3

Attachments

• Metrovick-F3.jpg
    Metrovick-F3.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 483
Thanks Overscan. The cutaways from Flight are great. IIRC they are putting their entire collection online, which is about 75% of all aircraft types in the world. It'll just take them time.

red admiral said:
Hello,

Does anybody have any pictures of the Meteor that was flying with Metrovick F.2s in 1943?

I have a dying urge to fit Metrovick F.3s of 4300lb thrust ea and longer nacelles to the Meteor in order to combat Luft46.

Thanks

I'll see if this works, but this is my model of the F.2 MetroVick Meteor

Robert

Attachments

• F.9-40M Rampage 001.jpg
    F.9-40M Rampage 001.jpg
    575.3 KB · Views: 407
overscan said:
Metrovick F.3 cutaway from Flight International http://www.flightglobal.com/ImageArchive/Image.aspx?GalleryName=Cutaways/Aeroengines/Aeroengines-Jet&Image=Metrovick-F3
That's got to be one of the first rear-fan turbofan designs. I wonder if the F2 nacelle could be modified or if a much modified "standard" Meteor nacelle would work? Personally, I consider the Beryl F.s-powered Meteor to be the most aesthetically appealing version.

Does anyone have a good quality three-view drawing about this plane?

Hi Zizi6785
From ????

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 204
Another scan, image from 21st Profiles Vol. 2 No. 14.

GLOSTER_F9-40M_01.png