Me-262 with propeller?

It's the first Me262 prototype. The jet engines were not ready and they install a Jumo 210 engine to test the aerodynamics qualities of the plane. After that, they kept the engine for a time cause the Jumo 004 were not reliable.

Cheers

Pepe

Attachments

• Me-262_V1_01.jpg
    Me-262_V1_01.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 536
  • Me-262_V1_02.jpg
    Me-262_V1_02.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 544
The tail wheel was removed cause you need to apply a short brake action to elevate the tail at take off. Obviously, it was dangerous.

Pepe Rezende said:
The tail wheel was removed cause you need to apply a short brake action to elevate the tail at take off. Obviously, it was dangerous.

Worst aspect was, I believe, that fuel would collect in the bottom of the cowling on start up and leak back to the exhausts, causing fires.

Kadija_Man said:
Pepe Rezende said:

Worst aspect was, I believe, that fuel would collect in the bottom of the cowling on start up and leak back to the exhausts, causing fires.

Not to mention the effect the jets had on the runways!

Not to mention the effect the jets had on the runways!

Just burned gras areas! Oh well, that's one reason how the Allied Forces found out about Me 262 through Photo Reconnaissance.