'maximising the effort'- how technology keeps the gas turbine surging forward

I think the trick is to hide things where people will probably forget about them, and where the 'bean counters do not venture to see if they can clear out and sell off!

Very much the tale of the Pratt & Whitney company museum, which was always the responsibility of the head of test engine assembly and frequently had to be moved to protect it from tidy-minded bosses. The JT10D, which was particularly unpopular (for some reason the High Sheriffs hated to be reminded of how they had walked away from the CFM56 market in favor of the PW2000), survived because it was hidden in a potato shed.

As an aside, does anyone know who 'The Arrowheads' were/are?

Anyone can be one based on this definition
Committed fans of Canada’s lost aeronautical triumph

I'm guessing you don't really want to know the particular subgroup that wrote the book which is a very valuable factual account I believe.

I'm guessing you don't really want to know the particular subgroup that wrote the book...

Actually, yes.................... :D
I'm intrigued by the 'cloak and dagger' approach, the authors don't even take individual pseudonyms, but rather a collective nom-de-plume...

...which is a very valuable factual account I believe

It is, and it does appear to be heavily based on the Jim Floyd lecture, especially the technical description. The image I posted, is identical to the one in the lecture, as is the one showing the airflow through the intakes...

cheers,
Robin.

Actually, yes

Robin, I've just got the book from the library. On the pre-title page: The Arrowheads Richard Organ, Ron Page, Don Watson, Les Wilkinson
Ron has all his details here

http://www.avroland.ca/al-people-r-page.html