Grey Havoc

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
From the June 1959 edition of Popular Science, an article on the Martin Company's USAF Lunar Simulator project, basically intended to simulate conditions inside a long-term manned installation on the Moon. Among it's interesting features was the plan to eventually have it house it's own independent nuclear or solar power sources.

I don't think they ever built anything for this. Like lots of PopSci articles, they imply that something is about to happen, when it's really unlikely. I'm still waiting for my giant underwater cities.

blackstar said:
I don't think they ever built anything for this. Like lots of PopSci articles, they imply that something is about to happen, when it's really unlikely. I'm still waiting for my giant underwater cities.

Me too....

I'm also still waiting for the following items: wheel space stations, moon bases, modern rigid airships, giant transportation aircrafts, supersonic and hypersonic civil aircrafts, low cost access to space, personal robots and so on.

archipeppe said:
I'm also still waiting for the following items: wheel space stations, moon bases, modern rigid airships, giant transportation aircrafts, supersonic and hypersonic civil aircrafts, low cost access to space, personal robots and so on.

Oh, and a backyard atomic reactor.

AND WHERE'S MY FLYING CAR?!

blackstar said:
archipeppe said:

Oh, and a backyard atomic reactor.

AND WHERE'S MY FLYING CAR?!

Quote - Quote - Quote

And furthermore where is my ROCKET BELT????

When I was a little guy, back in early 70's, my childood books were full of such wonders, so where are they gone today???

...PopSci back in those days was a cross between the Sears Wish Book and the Nieman-Marcus Catalog. The only difference was that only about 10% of what you saw would ever be available, and regardless your parents would never be able to afford to put even the cheapest one under the tree.