Lockheed-Boeing AFX

Evil Flower

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
wip4.jpg

I got inspired by SC's profiles to build a new model of this.

In spite of a some simplification, it looks grrreat!

It's still a wip. Right now I'm mostly working with getting the basic model right before I start working in details.

Igor of Unicraft, if you are out there, I am begging on bended knee for one.

Kim M

royabulgaf said:

Fantastic Plastic is getting more and more into the business of stereo-lith "grown" models, including two so far that I've modeled in CAD. Depending on the file format, growing a plastic model kit from this 3D model might be fairly easy.

Sexy looking :)
look forward to seeing the finished product.

Ok, number of questions:

First off, the available concept art shows nozzles as being painted same as rest of plane, but going by the F-22, that features nozzles which are more gunmetalish in appearance. Which one is more plausible? Would you actually paint the nozzles at all IRL?

Next, the F-22 (again) has some panels that are an "off" color compared to the fuselage. It was explained to me that this is due to them being of a different RAM material. Don't know how correct that is but do you think this plane would feature such as well or would the navy simply paint it over?

I'm no expert on the subject, but my guess is that the hot section would not tolerate paint very well, and it would be difficult/futile to try to maintain it anyway.

Some ever-so-slight progress. These are unlit screengrabs from max so y'all can comment on the colors :)

wip5.jpg

Wow. That's a top-notch model of a cool-looking aircraft. Would the nozzles have had thrust-vectoring control like those on the F-22?

Orionblamblam said:
royabulgaf said:

Fantastic Plastic is getting more and more into the business of stereo-lith "grown" models, including two so far that I've modeled in CAD. Depending on the file format, growing a plastic model kit from this 3D model might be fairly easy.

You can actually get pretty good results with those. I've got a stereolith of the DARPA Heliplane and it turned out pretty good.

Orionblamblam said:
royabulgaf said:

If this happens, I plead for it in 1/48th!!!

Regards,

Greg