[Fantasy] Boeing 818 TFX "F-7 Stratofighter"

Robert

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Website
hud607.fire.prohosting.com
This profile depicts what the Boeing TFX entry might have looked like if it won and entered service. I decided that, in my "what-if" scenario, the 1962 re-designation resulted in the F-111 being re-designated F-7 (instead of the Convair F2Y), and Boeing liked to use the "Strato-" prefix, so why not a Stratofighter?

Attachments

• boeing_f-7_stratofighter.jpg
    boeing_f-7_stratofighter.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 898
Robert,

May I suggest you post these over on whatifmodelers. Whilst your at it, maybe a RAAF one too please?

Regards,

Greg

GTX said:
Robert,

May I suggest you post these over on whatifmodelers. Whilst your at it, maybe a RAAF one too please?

Regards,

Greg

I've browsed the whatifmodelers forum briefly, I will consider joining it and posting there.

I didn't plan on doing an RAAF version, but I'll work on it. In the meantime, here is the US Navy version, the "F-7B Stratofighter."

Attachments

• boeing_f-7b_stratofighter.jpg
    boeing_f-7b_stratofighter.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 622
Here's the "F-7C Stratofighter" (Stratopig?) in RAAF markings (including a low-viz scheme).

Still waiting for approval on my registration at whatif...

Attachments

• boeing_f-7c_stratofighter_01.jpg
    boeing_f-7c_stratofighter_01.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 467
  • boeing_f-7c_stratofighter_02.jpg
    boeing_f-7c_stratofighter_02.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 457
Heh, I'm just getting started at this, most of the paint schemes are pretty straightforward. I don't think I'm quite ready for the challenge of a Thunderbirds or Blue Angels scheme.

Amusing links ;D

I did try playing around with an EF version, using the EF-111 as a basis, but the Boeing TFX's tail is smaller than the F-111's and that tail fairing is really too big. I considered enlarging the tail cone, but this is probably as far as I will go with it.

Attachments

• boeing_tfx_ef.jpg
    boeing_tfx_ef.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 272