Lippisch Projects P.12, 13 and 14

While clearing out old paper article that I forgot I had, I found one that seemed worth scanning and posting.

In another topic there has been some discussing years ago on a Lippisch P13 drawing that appeared in Lippisch book "Ein Dreieck Fliegt" as well as in Dabrowski's "Überschalljäger Lippisch P13a und Versuchsgleiter DM-1",
see https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/th...s-of-the-third-reich.25158/page-2#post-299147
but I think this is a more suitable topic to post the article, which has a similar but much clearer and detailed drawing that is moreover coloured. Even if it is not entirely correct, it looks great......

The article was written by Dabrowski and appeared in FlugRevue of September 1998:

Attachments

• Lippisch Triebflügel, Fliegendes Dreieck (FlugRevue Sept 1998 p.84+85).jpg
    Lippisch Triebflügel, Fliegendes Dreieck (FlugRevue Sept 1998 p.84+85).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • Lippisch Triebflügel, Fliegendes Dreieck (FlugRevue Sept 1998 p.86+87).jpg
    Lippisch Triebflügel, Fliegendes Dreieck (FlugRevue Sept 1998 p.86+87).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
Re: Lippisch P.12 and P.13 projects

IF not a fake (And that's really difficult to prove!), it's quite clearly not a real
aircraft, the canopy would be recognisable in the stills otherwise (Don't think,
they would have used such an aircraft for blind-flying training ! ;) ). And the
landscape doesn't look suited very well for a real airfield, does it ? Could be
a model test by the Lippisch team of course, but be aware, that, instead of photo-
shopping such a film, it's much easier to build a flyable scale model and make a
b/w-film with it. Alexander Lippisch did a lot of aerodynamical research, but
after the war, Convair still had to do quite a lot of work, to make their deltas
supersonic. Would it have been necessary, if the "P.13a" already was a "ready-
to-use" supersonic fighter, as often is claimed today and in the title of that film ?
Hi,Jemiba.Following the new posts today on this thread. I re-read everything that was posted before and that's when I saw that you were talking about the IOWA university film, I have it and you can clearly see the launch pad for the Lippisch models.

Testing of Lippisch aircraft models in Vienna around 1944,pictures taken from a video.

Attachments

• Versuche mit Pfeilfluegelmodellen-Kleiner Streckung-Dr.Lippisch-Wien.circa 1944.pdf
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 57