LARA - Convair Charger model

lastvautour

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
The Charger made for a neat scratchbuilt project. My fictitious Canadian Maritime Patrol Charger was matched with a USMC counter insurgent version by my friend Rafa. This was Rafa's first solid wood model.
normal_Charger_1.JPG
normal_Charger_2.JPG
normal_ConvairModel48ChargerIMG_4092.jpg
normal_ConvairModel48ChargerIMG_4094.jpg

Lou

Wonderful! I so love the Charger... I'm a sucker for LARA/COIN aircraft, for twin-boom, high-tail aircraft, and for off-the-beaten-track models, so this one is a winner with me... Congratulations!

Thanks for the credit, Lou. But all the honorific mentions go to you. Would be nice if you posted your aerospace collection though.

Rafa

I will add as the subject fit the models I have. Don't sell yourself short on the Convair Charger, you did fantastic.

Lou

That is nice. I'm thinking this would make a great parkflyer sized R/C model .Somewhere I have the little soft cover book on the Charger. Must dig that out of the carefully marked (thats a lie) plastic tote box and see what can be done.
I have had some sucess in scratch building static models using sheet plexiglass. It can be heated, bent and shaped. It's sands real nice too.