Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte and P. 1500 Monster

KnightTemplar said:
ratte_800.jpg

what precisely is the text on that picture supposed to mean? .. the orginal is supposedly german, but i (as german native speaker) have been trying to translate it back into german for some time now and have been unable to produce any meaningful "orignal version"
Where do you individuals do research, Spielberg center or something... the P1000 and P1500 HAVE NEVER BEEN PROVEN TO HAVE BEEN AUTHENTIC IN ANY WAY.

and in regards to resource consumption
Hitler had the E100 canceled (never approved it)
Hitler had the MAUS canceled (never approved it)
Hitler had the Dora canceled after Rommel went through the Ardennes.

Absolutely none of the "Hitler made bad decisions that wasted resources" lies pushed by various media outlets and books have been proven to be authentic
With all the respect, you are wrong. The project indeed existed, it did not pass beyond conceptual design, but existed. There are documents that prove it, some of them directly taken from Krupp archives. And for your surprise, the P.1500 was close to be built, but under a different designation: 600 mm Panzermorser Urling.

Calling Germans "nazis" is like calling blacks the N word... it exudes hateful racist ideals

If you're talking about "Germans in positions of political leadership from 1933-1945," then, yeah, "Nazi" is not exactly wrong, is it, like calling Russian leaders throughout most of the 20th century commies.

Calling Germans "nazis" is like calling blacks the N word... it exudes hateful racist ideals
If you're talking about "Germans in positions of political leadership from 1933-1945," then, yeah, "Nazi" is not exactly wrong, is it, like calling Russian leaders throughout most of the 20th century commies.
"Calling Germans "nazis" ... exudes hateful racist ideals", really? Pots, kettles, black....

Besides, for the populations who endured occupation by Hitler's armed forces, it really felt like they were all nazis, even if in reality some of them discreetly did not partake in the savagery.

Last edited:
What exactly wa s the purpose of these thing? As an antitank weapon they are overkill,. Mobile long range artillery? THATS WHAT BOMBERS AND ATTACK AIRCRAFT ARE FOR1 As it whooshes across the landscape at a blinding what, 12 mph? It will attract bombers and attack that have nothing else to do, and pound it into scrap.

What exactly wa s the purpose of these thing? As an antitank weapon they are overkill,. Mobile long range artillery? THATS WHAT BOMBERS AND ATTACK AIRCRAFT ARE FOR1 As it whooshes across the landscape at a blinding what, 12 mph? It will attract bombers and attack that have nothing else to do, and pound it into scrap.
The primary function of the P.1000 was coastal defense. Other considered use was superheavy mobile artillery against highly fortified targets. It was never meant to fight in "open battlefield "

Seeing how easily mislead individuals calls Germans "nazis" I suggest we call the US "LOOTERS", the UK "SLAVERS" and USSR as "RAPISTS".
That is, the Third Reich was not a Nazi state and non-Nazis held leadership positions there? And what does "black" and the word "N" have to do with it? The leadership of the Third Reich is not called "boches", "huns" or "sausage-eaters". Do not confuse the designation of political groups with the nicknames of different nations.
I once happened to study at the university with a German woman (an ethnic German, she did not know German language at all). "What do you know about the Germans?". I make crazy eyes and put two fingers to my lips, depicting a "toothbrush mustache". She was offended. But she liked to drink beer and joke sadistic jokes. It was funny.

Somewhere I met information that the Ratte was supposed to float, it would be an interesting "monitor on tracks", but all the drawings and drawings known to me do not imply a large hull capable of swimming.

Somewhere I met information that the Ratte was supposed to float, it would be an interesting "monitor on tracks", but all the drawings and drawings known to me do not imply a large hull capable of swimming.
You are right, the P.1000 was never meant to float, only to cross bodies of water shallow enought until a limited hull height.

thrashing blade of the Imperium

Attachments

• BB48_0.png
    BB48_0.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 45