Kaiser-Fleetwings Model-47 Dive & Attack Bomber Project

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

the Kaiser-Fleetwings Model-47 was a low-wing dive & attack bomber Project of 1944,intended to
use by Navy,had a mixed propulsion,and powered by two piston engines,and two turbojets,mounted
in rear of each nacelle.

Attachments

• 47.png
    47.png
    447.4 KB · Views: 304
Below is my copyrighted 3-view drawing of the "Squirt" from Tony Buttler and my book, "American Secret Projects; Fighters, Bombers and Attack Aircraft 1937-1945", still available from the publisher, I believe.

AlanG

Attachments

• Kaiser Model 47 Squirt 3-VIEW FINAL.jpg
    Kaiser Model 47 Squirt 3-VIEW FINAL.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 253
Hi ACResearcher!

Thanks for sharing your's drawing of "Squirt".
My first impression, when I seen color profile in the first post was the size of engines' nacelle - they are looks too small and too steramlined for real engines.
As I see, this aircraft would be larger, then F7F, and possibly such comparison leads me to a wrong impression.
Did you see the actual drawings of engines' layout in nacelle?

Hello Silencer.

My pleasure to share my drawings. Our book on American Secret Projects has a huge number proposed aircraft that never saw the light of day. I just happened to remember that this was one of them.

No, I've not seen any Inboard Profiles that provide drawings of the engines or the internal layout of the aircraft. This was true with a lot of aircraft that appear in the book. That doesn't mean such drawings don't exist, but with all the aircraft to be drawn for the book there just wasn't time (nor were they to appear in the book) to go digging around in the files to find them.

AlanG

The American Secret Projects book is amazing. So much new (to me) information in such a small volume.

Are there any book specifically on Kaiser-Fleetwings?

My pleasure to share my drawings. Our book on American Secret Projects has a huge number proposed aircraft that never saw the light of day. I just happened to remember that this was one of them.

Thank you for explanation!
Kaiser-Fleetwings couldn't boast with the mass production models, but design and built some imprortant examples: from tariners and drones to XBTK torpedo-bomber. Now, with model 47 drawings, we see, how company designers think about modern combat aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom