K239 Chunmoo K-MLRS

Grey Havoc

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score

Last May, the minister announced he signed a letter of request to purchase about 500 M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, or HIMARS, from the United States. However, the latest development indicates Warsaw understands it will not be able to buy as many U.S. systems as it originally planned.

“We’re aware that we will not receive all 500 HIMARS launchers, for which we have sent a letter of request, within a timeline that would be satisfactory to us,” Błaszczak said. “We decided to split the HIMARS order into stages. We will have both the HIMARS and the Chunmoo.”

Hanwha has offered this to Australia multiple times (example below):

At one point I believe they even used the marketing name "Whitetail" (in keeping with the Spider theme of Redback and Huntsman) but I can't find reference to it anymore.

That's a shocking amount of artillery. I noticed that they mentioned licensed production of the 239 mm. In this era of industrial defense stressed domestic production is a key priority for the Poles. That expands the Western rocket producers from the US, to Korea/Poles, and lastly with the Turks and their domestic equivalent.