What is this plane, a fake ?

Thanks for your answer
Bye

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 745
Not fake but real one !
after WW2 Junkers production site near Dresden and there Aircraft were under Soviet control.
Allot of Prototypes and Aircraft were move into Soviet union for evaluation testing or other use for Soviet military.

This could be a Engine test plane, but is unclear to me if this was a RLM or Soviet Air force Testbed

Definitely a weird picture.

Window suggest a Ju 252, the tail is definitely 352, but the fuselage length is much shorter than any of these two.

Attachments

• Ju 252.jpg
    Ju 252.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 662
  • junkers.ju352.raf.jpg
    junkers.ju352.raf.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 654
Bonjour

It's a well known picture in Germany .
Here two more , from the excellent "Die deutschen Flugzeuge in russischen und sowjetischen Diensten" by A.Alexandrov & G.Petrov .

It's a modified Ju 252 as flying test-bed for the JUMO 222 . It was found by the russian at Dessau in 1945 , and used by them after the war .

The Ju 252 was test-bed for the BMW 803 too .

Attachments

• Ju 252:JUMO222 test-bed.jpg
    Ju 252:JUMO222 test-bed.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 660
  • Ju 252:BMW803 test-bed.jpg
    Ju 252:BMW803 test-bed.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 636
richard said:
Bonjour

It's a well known picture in Germany .
Here two more from the excellent "Die deutschen Flugzeuge in russischen und sowjetischen Diensten" by A.Alexandrov & G.Petrov .
It's a modified Ju 252 as flying test-bed for the JUMO 222 . It was found by the russian at Dessau in 1945 , and used by them after the war .

My dear Richard,

is there any projects related to Ju-352 ?.

Bonjour Richard

Merci

yes, i see this plane was not a ju 352 but a modified
Ju 252. by German for trials of engine(s)
Thanks again

PAUL

In "War Prizes", Phil Butler mentions just a single Ju 352 taken over by the Soviet Union,
which was used as an engine testbed .

ISTR seeing a sketch, maybe in Nowarra's Soviet aircraft book, of a Ju 352 in USSR markings.

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contributions/Braas/11504.htm

Jemiba said:
In "War Prizes", Phil Butler mentions just a single Ju 352 taken over by the Soviet Union,

But have you ever seen a 352 with round windows? Or such a short fuselage??

Stargazer2006 said:
Jemiba said:

I checkt my data,
that is not a Ju 352, but a Ju 252! this has those half round windows in fuselage.
wat is very odd on this model is that fuselage is shorten at the cockpit.
from the Ju 252 were only 15 model (from 25) build based on parts produced, until RLM chancels the production for Ju 352.

Source
Die Deutsche Luftfahrt: Hugo Junkers, Pionier der Flussfahrt - seine Flugzeuge
by Wolfgang Wagner
Page 508-512

Stargazer2006 said:

The short fuselage is the strangest thing, to my opinion. About the round windows, I'm actually not
quite sure, as on http://crimso.msk.ru/Site/Crafts/Craft26351.htm there's the attached photo
(interestingly the file name says Ju 252 ..) showing an aircraft with the squared fin and maybe
(!) round windows, which would rather indicate a Ju 252 with a 352 fin. So there may actually have
been mongrels, I think and I wouldn't rely on the correct identification of the allies, who captured
them.

Attachments

• Germ_Junkers_Ju252_2.jpg
    Germ_Junkers_Ju252_2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 200
HI jens
The Crimso's photo show a plane with single wheel undercarriage
(it seems)
The 252 has double wheels - the 352 single wheel ???
Bye

Yes, you're righht and about the shape of the windows, I'm still not sure. Maybe it just was used as
a kind of "VIP transport", with curtains at the windows, that just create the illusion of rounded
windoes in this low quality photo. But the fin isn't standard Ju 252 shape, I think.

Jemiba said:
Yes, you're righht and about the shape of the windows, I'm still not sure. Maybe it just was used as
a kind of "VIP transport", with curtains at the windows, that just create the illusion of rounded
windoes in this low quality photo. But the fin isn't standard Ju 252 shape, I think.

that's because the Ju 252, was original a Lufthansa passenger plane, until RLM came on idea "hey it's is a good troop & cargo transporter."
after 15 were build, RLM order production stop and work on Ju 352 began.

toura said:
HI jens
The Crimso's photo show a plane with single wheel undercarriage
(it seems)
The 252 has double wheels - the 352 single wheel ???
Bye
That typical for Junkers, thy used in there Test-model or Prototype, everything they could spare from the production.
with the Ju 287 V1 they even reused parts of a shot down B-24 ! like it's wheels

again more evidence this mystery plane was used as Engine Testbed aircraft by Junkers.

Yes, Jens, I've also note the not standard fin ???
The soviets received a Ju 352 from Tchecks but certainly
also capture an other Ju252/352 ?? in Germany ??,,
This one seems to be an hybrid plane ??????????

I found this list

Attachments

• ju 252 352.jpg
    ju 252 352.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 542
It would seem pretty logical that the Ju 252 V1 would have retained the 252's windows while being fitted a new tail fin. It is therefore the most likely candidate for this mysterious aircraft.

I've changed the title, as it probably is inevitable, that we have to deal with
one, when we mention the other.
In Manfred Griehl "Deutsche Flugzeugbewaffnung bis 1945" (German Aircraft Armament
until 1945), there's a drawing of a proposed armament for the Ju 252, which would have
been partially remotely controlled, because the crew section should be pressurized.

Attachments

• Ju_252_weapons.jpg
    Ju_252_weapons.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 455
From Flugzeug 5/1993,

here is a Model for Junkers EF.72.

Attachments

• 72.png
    72.png
    588.4 KB · Views: 291
The short fuselage is the strangest thing, to my opinion. About the round windows, I'm actually not
quite sure, as on http://crimso.msk.ru/Site/Crafts/Craft26351.htm there's the attached photo
(interestingly the file name says Ju 252 ..) showing an aircraft with the squared fin and maybe
(!) round windows, which would rather indicate a Ju 252 with a 352 fin. So there may actually have
been mongrels, I think and I wouldn't rely on the correct identification of the allies, who captured
them.

The BMW radial engine on this picture too :) for me it is a 352 with a 252 fuselage :)

According to German Aircraft in the Soviet Union and Russia by Gordon and Kommissarov (Midland, 2008) this aircraft is described as a Ju 252 fitted with a Jumo 222 in its No.2 engine position. There is a description in the text about Soviet use of the aircraft as a test bed of Soviet engines, but admitting that which types is not specified in the sources of information found on the aircraft. There is no mention of the '352 tail surfaces however. It is believd to be the only Ju 252 that the Soviet Union received. There are four exterior views of the aircraft and it definitely is a short fuselage '252, but with '352 empennage. On the same page is an image of the Ju 352 that the Soviets received from Czechoslovakia.

The picture of the aircraft being refuelled has a tricycle undercarriage. It's nothing to do with the length of the fuselage or the shape of the cockpit....it has a double nose wheel. Any ideas on that?

The picture of the aircraft being refuelled has a tricycle undercarriage. It's nothing to do with the length of the fuselage or the shape of the cockpit....it has a double nose wheel. Any ideas on that?

What you're seeing is the Starboard main undercarriage, not a nose wheel, it's just the angle at which the photo is taken. As to the fuselage attitude, this is because the 'trapoklappe', the belly mounted hatch / ramp is open, which raises the fuselage and tail.

cheers,
Robin.

Ju 252 with Trapoklappe lowered

Attachments

• 1000005870.jpg
    1000005870.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom