Ju EF82 Info request.

Tophe said:
I may ask Herbert Léonard if the EF82 was still unknown in 1997 or if it was rejected for some good reason, that may be interesting for all of us.
I've got the answer: yes, the EF82 was unknown to him in 1996-97.

Tophe said:
Tophe said:
I may ask Herbert Léonard if the EF82 was still unknown in 1997 or if it was rejected for some good reason, that may be interesting for all of us.
I've got the answer: yes, the EF82 was unknown to him in 1996-97.

Thanks Tophe.

I found references to it in on Page 33 of Luftwaffe Secret Projects G round Attack and Special Purpose Aircraft by Dieter Herwig and Heinz Rode.
I think this was published much later in 2002.

Hmmm...dilema, dlema. :eek:

I first knew about it in Heinz Nowarra`s "Die Deutsche Luftrustung 1933-1945", much older though.

I bought my Heinz Nowarra`s "Die Deutsche Luftrustung 1933-1945" by 1990-91

Hi again...

After going through to the radial engined final drawing, I've also done a version as per the one in Dieter Herwig's and Heinz Rode's Luftwaffe Secret Projects - Ground Attack and Special Purpose Aircraft. The one with the inline Jumo 214 engine and long exhausts.
Just for the hell of it or was it a smattering of bet hedging?.
;) :D
Many thanks.
P

Attachments

• JUEF82TEXT.jpg
    JUEF82TEXT.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 274
  • JuEF82-B.jpg
    JuEF82-B.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 301
Ehm ..., what I read about the EF 82 is, that it was only planned to be powered by the Jumo 214 !
I've doubts, if such an aircraft, which probably was much heavier, than a Fw 190 would have achieved
a reasonable performance with a BMW 801 engine. At the end of the war, more powerful radial engines
were under development, but I think, the German engine manufacturers were more or less fixed to
inline engines and didn't reach the maturity of e.g. the US manufacturers.
Sorry, I somewhat missed, that we were talking about a radial engined aircraft before, would have expressed
my doubts earlier then. Nevertheless, taking into account the difficulties of the development of a new engine,
there's of course the strong possibility, that, if produced in numbers, the first EF 82 would have been powered
by radials in order to bring them to the front, even at the expense of speed and load carrying capacity.

Thanks Jens...
I think I got a little confused also re: In-line v radial.

Still; we have both now... ;)

P