Focke-Wulf Stuka

Tophe

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.kristofmeunier.fr
Dear Wurger suggested that I present also these ones, Focke-Wulf Stukas
Tophe said:

has never been discussed here according to the Search tool. I discovered it in Herbert Léonard’s book (of 1997, out of print alas now), discussed in the EF82 topic:
Tophe said:

I am the happy owner of a copy of the book "Stukas!"* by Herbert Léonard, Heimdal publ. 1997... and I don't find inside the Ju EF82, even in the many unbuilt projects that are presented, and even in the "false Stukas" chapter of airplanes having dive bombing as secondary mission, despite their big weight and big wing loading. I may ask Herbert Léonard if the EF82 was still unknown in 1997 or if it was rejected for some good reason, that may be interesting for all of us.
* : http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/521885/Leonard-Herbert-Les-Stukas-Livre.html (8 times cheaper than on another site...) out of print it seems, but wonderful!
There are 20 unbuilt projects in the index, apart of the built ones
I am going to translate/summarize the text with it in this book.

Attachments

• r_StukaFw.JPG
    r_StukaFw.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,102
Tophe said:
- Focke-Wulf project Stuka. Studied in 1940, two-seater, no code in the archives, maybe involved in the same program that gave birth to the similar Me 210. The port turret is more forward than the starboard one, probably for room availability reason. (picture above)
- Focke-Wulf P.82114. No date, dive bomber with parasol wing and DB 600 engine of 950hp. (no picture)
- Focke-Wulf (no code). Another project for level-bombing, recon, dive-bombing, with two engines DB 603C of 2,000hp. 2 guns or machine-guns in the nose and in the tail. (no picture)

Tophe said:
Tophe said:
- Focke-Wulf project Stuka. Studied in 1940, two-seater, no code in the archives, maybe involved in the same program that gave birth to the similar Me 210. The port turret is more forward than the starboard one, probably for room availability reason. (picture above)
- Focke-Wulf P.82114. No date, dive bomber with parasol wing and DB 600 engine of 950hp. (no picture)
- Focke-Wulf (no code). Another project for level-bombing, recon, dive-bombing, with two engines DB 603C of 2,000hp. 2 guns or machine-guns in the nose and in the tail. (no picture)

Hi Tophe,

the Focke-Wulf FWP.82114 (Source: Die deutsche Lüftrüstung", Nowarra)

Attachments

• Focke-Wulf FWP-82114-.jpg
    Focke-Wulf FWP-82114-.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,072
Hi all
I suppose the F.W.159 younger than the P.82114 ?

toura said:
Hi all
I suppose the F.W.159 younger than the P.82114 ?

Indeed, the Fw 159 designed during 1934 and first flown in 1935, whereas the
P.82114 designed for the Stuka competition in 1936.

Hi
On the Fw Stuka at top of thread....would the wings have been the same as the 187?
If so I think we could do a profile from the side view.

P

I thought I'd make a start.
Using the side view I've done a top view. Front view forthcoming.

Am I on the right track?
Comments and advice please.

Many thanks
P
:)

Attachments

• STUKA Fw.jpg
    STUKA Fw.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 574
Peter,

You`ve done it again ;D !

Great, as always!!

Thanks... :)
A little more progress.
There are issues with the tail on top view, which I have to fix.

And if anyone spots something else wrong, I'm all ears and eyes.

Any feelings as to which way the second crew member should face? Both crew to face forward or should the Navigator face to rear?

Many thanks
P

Attachments

• Fw STUKA1PROF.jpg
    Fw STUKA1PROF.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 416
Great.
Many thanks....corrections to be done soon.
P

This is getting very interesting, but I am a little confused. (Well it is me... ;) )

My attempt at the front view at least is not the most accurate maybe but now I'm not sure which way I should try and adjust.
I, as feeble as it turned out, used the Kampfzerstorer variant as the base for the top view adjusting it via the original Stuka side view and then tried to do the front view from the two of them.

I've done a diagram that may show my dilema better than my waffle.

P :eek: :D

Attachments

• 187STUKA DILEMA.jpg
    187STUKA DILEMA.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 329
Many thanks Justo.
As always your opinion is always worth its weight in gold.

So basically I should base the Stuka more on the Kampfzerstorer and adjust the original side view to suit?
I always thought the side view was quite a departure from the recognisable 187 variants.

Itching to get going on this one.
P :D

Hi guys,

my historian education would respect the original drawing to the limit, not "reinventing" based on other projects. The stuka is not the "kampfzerstörer"! Bare in mind that the original drawing isn`t the one from Herbert Leonard`s book. What do you think?

Why not?
They are very similar projects ... :-\

Attachments

• ñ 074.jpg
    ñ 074.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 290
  • ñ 075.jpg
    ñ 075.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 285
  • ñ 076.jpg
    ñ 076.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 112
Excellent Justo...many thanks.

Well here goes.... ;)
Another attempt to match the original side view to an acceptable front and top view....fingers crossed.
Final paneling etc as per Justo's reference to be applied of course.

P :)

Attachments

• FW STUKA 2.jpg
    FW STUKA 2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 79
Latest adjustments.
Comments and advice as always welcomed with open arms.
I realise there are a few more adjustments to make.

I've just had another thought...I ask if the underside cockpit floor window would still be included do you think?

Many thanks

Attachments

• FwSTUKA3.jpg
    FwSTUKA3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 80
The view for te rear gunner seems to be not very good.The lateral guns probably would have been aimed
in the same ways, as those of the Me 210/410, with a movable sight from the rear seat, but here view would
have been severly obstructed, I think. So, either the rear part of the canopy should be transparent, too, or
there should be bulged windows, as in the Me 210/410:
(photo from Waffenarsenal "Rohrwaffen in Flugzeugen der Luftwaffe bis 1945")

Attachments

• Me-410.jpg
    Me-410.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 65
Flitzer said:
Latest adjustments.
Comments and advice as always welcomed with open arms.
I realise there are a few more adjustments to make.

I've just had another thought...I ask if the underside cockpit floor window would still be included do you think?

Many thanks

I agree

Attachments

• ñ.jpg
    ñ.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 73
  • ñ 001.jpg
    ñ 001.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 72
Another progress update.
I think its pretty close this time, mainly thanks to Justo.

P

Attachments

• Fw STUKA4.jpg
    Fw STUKA4.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 424
Tophe said:
Is the glazed rear part of the canopy matching the very source? Maybe.

It certainly doesn't match the drawing in Herbert Léonards book, but quite well that posted by Justo
(#12), probably an original. Would have to be a blown perspex part without further framing apart from
the edges. And in a line drawing, that's hard to determine. Do you remember, what the first reconstructions
of the Iguanodon looked like ? ;)
(from http://www.fossilien.de/artikel/modelle/historische-modelle/iguanodon1850.htm)

Attachments

• iguanodon_entwicklung.jpg
    iguanodon_entwicklung.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 389
Justo's right, the drawing for the "Baubeschreibung Nr.235" mentions two MG 151 and
four MG 81 as flexible weapons. Seems to be an early development of a remote controlled
turret, as the idea of the mixed calibre turret obviously was abandoned later, maybe due to
issues with the different ballistic characterstics.

Many thanks.
I'll fix the barbettes. It sort of makes sense why they are staggered. If each barbette has so many guns, they must be too tight for room on the inside of the fuselage for side by side symmetrical mounting.

As far as the rear cockpit glazing goes, it's not a problem to do either way. And as I do not have the historical wisdom I'm happy to go with the flow.
I understand that the rear of the cockpit on the original drawing is not glazed but..... ;)

Many thanks...
P :D

Jemiba said:
Tophe said:
Is the glazed rear part of the canopy matching the very source? Maybe.

It certainly doesn't match the drawing in Herbert Léonards book, but quite well that posted by Justo
(#12), probably an original. Would have to be a blown perspex part without further framing apart from
the edges. And in a line drawing, that's hard to determine. Do you remember, what the first reconstructions
of the Iguanodon looked like ? ;)
(from http://www.fossilien.de/artikel/modelle/historische-modelle/iguanodon1850.htm)

Some evolution samples... :D

Attachments

• ñ.jpg
    ñ.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 322
  • ñ 001.jpg
    ñ 001.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 110
  • ñ 002.jpg
    ñ 002.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 98
  • ñ 003.jpg
    ñ 003.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 98
Thank you Justo.

Hope this is getting closer...a bit more progress...

Attachments

• FwStuka5.jpg
    FwStuka5.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 115