Jetpack over LA

TomS

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
How did we miss this?

Two airliner crews on approach to Los Angeles International report seeing "a man in a jetpack" flying at 3,000 feet.

That's within the envelope of some available jetpacks like the JB 9/10/11 family, but you'd have to be an idiot to fly anywhere close to LAX approach.

Northrop and Boeing are right by LAX. B-21 demonstrator?

How did we miss this?

Two airliner crews on approach to Los Angeles International report seeing "a man in a jetpack" flying at 3,000 feet.

That's within the envelope of some available jetpacks like the JB 9/10/11 family, but you'd have to be an idiot to fly anywhere close to LAX approach.

Well it's nonsense then because there are no idiots in the LA area.

OK, so someone who has access to a jet pack, the training and skill to get to 3000ft with it, and is stupid enough to fly near the LAX flight path? I think this is a hoax, most likely a guy-in-a-jetpack shaped balloon or drone hybrid of some sort.

These guy’s have a branch office in California

The fun part (IMO) was the way Airlines pilots kept their calm. I have the feeling it wouldn't have happened the same way everywhere or in another moment of History. 2020 certainly has hardened our feelings toward oddities.
Anyhow, I didn't feel like creating a new thread. But I am glad you did.

And apparently it happened again, at an even higher altitude. I'm starting to lean toward it being a prank using a person-shaped balloon or something. Not many jetpacks that can really reach 6000 feet and stay long enough to be seen by multiple people.

Before Daniel Craig there was....

Attachments

• IMG_20201017_171707.jpg
    IMG_20201017_171707.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 10
Someone need to come up with a sci-fi setup involving jet pack man robbing peaceful vtol passengers as a standard backdrop.

It is sad that even as technology have improved, imaginations have been stuck in D&D and the "forever normality" of superhero world.