is this "Thick" Book for real ?

Michel Van

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
image1.jpg

I have no Idea Wat this book is, it's purpose and if this for real...

It's the draft version of Annie Jacobsen's Area 51 book. Before the factcheckers got their hands on it.

Arjen said:
It's the draft version of Annie Jacobsen's Area 51 book. Before the factcheckers got their hands on it.

If there were fact checkers, they were drunk.

Actually, it's the short summary of Obama's new tax code.
getsmiley.php

I know it.... it is a compendium of all the Italian laws currently utilized.
Every Italian lawyer has one of it. ;D

No, you're all wrong; it's my guide to US withholding tax exemption application forms for Authors' royalties ;D

Did somebody put all of the F-35's C++ code to paper?
;)

Looks like one of those Wikipedia hardcopy printouts.

That explains the "just what I thought" look on the reader's face...lol :D

Perhaps a detailed account of Dominique Strauss-Kahn's frolicking spanning the past four decades?

the book has same size like the employment contract regulation "small print" of francophone Walloons in Belgium ::)
but that is split in one foot thick files...

still one question is in my mind: who use book this size ?!

Imagine having to scan that for posting as a PDF on NTRS...... ::)

cheers,
Robin.

SOC said:
Looks like one of those Wikipedia hardcopy printouts.

Do a Google Image Search for "worlds thickest book." Guiness says it's an Agatha Christie collection, at something over 4000 pages; there are also what appear to be photos of a 5000 page Wikipedia bound printout. Both are substantially slimmer than what's shown in the photo in the first post. My guess would be it's either a gag, or some sort of one-off industrial thing.

True, but the dude is leaning and reaching out over the table, so the perspective is a bit skewed in the picture. Might not be quite as big as it looks. That, and the apparently blue cover, led me to the Wikipedia thought.

Well I'm old enough to remember compiling giant-ass reports on fanfold paper of things like part number references and whatnot. At DEC we even sold a fanfold sorter thingy that attached to the printers. I don't remember reports as big as the one in the picture, but some of the ones I handled were 2000 pages or more.

It's the latest change schedule for the 787 ??