Irkut Project 111

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

in Sukhoi site I found that project-111,what is it
and what is the name of the company ?.
http://www.suchoj.com/galerie/index.htm?http://www.suchoj.com/ab1953/KR-860/galerie.shtml

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 589
It should be the 111 Regional Jet, proposed by the Irkut aircraft plant in Irkutsk/Siberia. I photographed this placard at ILA Berlin in 2002.

Attachments

• (Irkutsker Flugzeugwerk) 111 Regional Jet.JPG
    (Irkutsker Flugzeugwerk) 111 Regional Jet.JPG
    362.7 KB · Views: 503
Thank you my dear boxkite,

and I don't know this company,may be it designed anther projects !.

Attachments

• 111_irkut_s.jpg
    111_irkut_s.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 407
Reminds me of some of the very early concepts for the A-3XX/380, which called for a double-pressure vessel side-by-side.

But not very reasonable. With this cross section you are forced to solve the problems with the non-rounded shape of the fuselage and pressurized cabin. And if you must solve this, then it is much effective to use true BWB and create as much place for the cargo and the passangers as possible. Egg-shaped cross section usually means a lot of additional weight because of the structural integrity. And this additional weight overcome the benefits of the small increase of the room inside.

created new topic with the correct name !

Matej said:
But not very reasonable. With this cross section you are forced to solve the problems with the non-rounded shape of the fuselage and pressurized cabin. And if you must solve this, then it is much effective to use true BWB and create as much place for the cargo and the passangers as possible. Egg-shaped cross section usually means a lot of additional weight because of the structural integrity. And this additional weight overcome the benefits of the small increase of the room inside.
I think this patent is related to how they intend to make the fuselage. I don't know but would really like to know around how much percent more that would weigh than a circular fuselage for the same amount of passengers and cargo. Regarding the v-tail, this seems the original configuration as in this patent was not working so well so they seem to want to change to this one, which seems much heavier. So, I'm really doubting whether there will still be ANY benefit by having lighter wings at the expense of now not only a heavier fuselage but also a heavier tail assembly.

Attachments

• 2282560-1.jpg
    2282560-1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 2282560-2.jpg
    2282560-2.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 2282560-3.jpg
    2282560-3.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 88
I noticed the difference in the tail with the plan views. Was this introduced after the MAKS 2003 model?

Attachments

• irkut.jpg
    irkut.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 219
Back
Top Bottom