XP67_Moonbat

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
"On the auspicious occasion of birth anniversary of Imam Mahdi (May God Hasten His Reappearance), Iran launched a new rocket to carry a satellite into orbit on Sunday." ...Period...

It'll be interesting to see if they can pull it off. I guess those who've been saying Iran won't have ICBMs for 20 years were off by a bit. ;)

:-\ Great......Here we go again! Have a look:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090203/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iran_space_13

Moonbat

already Iranputnik in U.S. ?
is Orbital nuke ? is a Spy sat ?
lets forget the hysteria

let see the facts
that was the third attempt to launch
Wat end up in orbit is a 27 kg box called "Omid" (see Picture below)

Wat Iranians made was modified there Shahab into Safir-2 a copy of French Diamant 1960's launcher !
big booster, littel upperstage and tiny payload

the booster accelerates as quickly as possible until no more fuel left.
At high point of ballistic trajectory, the Empty first stage forms a start platform for second stage
(in two attempt the second stage fails to Ignites and Iran made Blah blah blah about Suborbital flight)

Wat the Omid do in Orbit ?
for the moment it collect Data of condition of space in orbit.
seem it got no Solarcell, indicates it run on battery so after few day the Omid stop working

here some Picture (the upload Picture is from Militaryphotos link )
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=128179
http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets_1/Diverse/Safir-IRILV/Safir.htm

Attachments

• 338399_orig.jpg
    338399_orig.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 64
TsrJoe said:
hmm, i wonder how long it will be before further nations manage to achieve the same with their 3 stage systems, eg. N.Korea, etc.?

Iraq made launches with cluster of Scud missile called Tamouz
and claim to had launch a satellite in 1990

in 1998 Nord Korea claim they launch a Satelite in orbit with Taepodong rocket.
the Taepodong design end up in Iran were became Shahab

the Nord Korea Satelite had to play there National Anthem

i very afraid that next Iranian Satellite will transmitt something like this :

Last edited:
Awww, that satellite's cute! Kinda reminds me of my family's toaster oven. Yeah, I guess we won't have to worry about Iran puting up orbital nukes anytime soon. Now if they put someone into orbit soon, that would be the true "wawa-wee-wa" factor, I think. Great success!

Moonbat

1. Iranians (for the most part) are Indo-Europeans, not Arabs although they are a fairly multicultural nation.

2. Prime Minister Amadinajed should get a shave and put on a tie. The Don Johnson look is not for him.

Kim M

Iranians are not Arabs. Ahmadinejad is president of the Republic, not Prime minister.

... and "elections" will happens next june. With a bit of luck, Iranians will get ride of Mammoth
Abrutinedjad...

So how much countries "truly" launched a satellite to date ?
Let me try

- Soviet Union 4-10-1957
- USA 31-1-1958
- France 26-11-1965
-Japan 11-02-1970
- China 13-04-1970
- Great-Britain 28-10-1971
- India 07-1980
- Israel

Did Brazil finally sucedeed ? Anyone else ?

Archibald said:
... and "elections" will happens next june. With a bit of luck, Iranians will get ride of Mammoth
Abrutinedjad...

So how much countries "truly" launched a satellite to date ?
Let me try

- Soviet Union 4-10-1957
- USA 31-1-1958
- France 26-11-1965
-Japan 11-02-1970
- China 13-04-1970
- Great-Britain 28-10-1971
- India 07-1980
- Israel

Did Brazil finally sucedeed ? Anyone else ?

Brazil no :-[
Israel 09-1988
Italy used U.S. Scout rockets

Michel Van said:
Italy used U.S. Scout rockets

Indeed Italy was the third nation to put in orbit an its own satellite, back in the early '60s, even with a U.S. launcher.
It was under the so-called "San Marco Project" (taking the name by the first satellite San Marco 1), strongly pursued by Gen. Luigi Broglio a scientist and militar at the same time.

Broglio was able to manage the realization of an Italian own launch base, off Kenya's coast in Formosa Bay, exploiting two offshore oil platforms transformed in Scout launch base (San Marco the bigger one) and mission control center (Santa Rita the smaller one).
By there Italy launched a bunch of Scout with Italian satellites and some US and UK ones also.

The last launch happened in 1988, since then nothing.....but the two platforms are still there.

Spain had a modest project but it was cancelled.

http://astronautix.com/lvs/capcorno.htm

Along a similar vein to Iran's SLV program, does anyone here remember an Ad Astra article from 1991 about Iraq's SLV project? I remember the illustration showed a progression of clustered SCUDs working up to the SLV.

I used that in 8th grade for a report I did on missile systems used in the war. Sadly, I lost the article.

I vaguely remember that the Iraqi booster looked very similar to Brazil's SLV. Well, at least in cofiguration anyway.

Iraq's SLV project was called Tamouz
http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/tamouz.htm

here blurry picture
http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/t/tamouzm.jpg
it show cluster of 4 Scud as first stage and one Scud as second stage

this look similar a testrocket for Avro CF-105 Arrow
during the CF-105 development they test Arrow Models on rockets, at Lake Ontario
Gerald Bull work for that test project.

i know, i know,
some source say that's U.S. Nike rockets, other say Bull design and build the rocket

but somehow Bull work in Iran, next to Babylon gun also on Tamouz rockets ?

Australia launched its own satellite (Wresat) from its own territory (Woomera) on 29 November 1967 using a version of the Redstone rocket (Sparta).
For years I have been involved in a friendly argument with others that this means that Australia placed a satellite in orbit launched from its "own territory" before France and Italy did. True France had launched a satellite from Hammaguir at an earlier date but Hammaguir was in Algeria, by then an independent state and definitely no longer French territory. And Italy had launched a spacecraft from the San Marco platform, a steel construction in the Indian Ocean that, in spite of its ingenuiety, cannot possibly be called Italian soil.
So, in my books that makes Australia the third country - after the US and the USSR - to launch a satellite from its own territory.
It is just a dreadful shame that the then government did not follow it up with a further satellite programme.

it is always the PR that counts , public needs to be reminded that they are better off than the next guy and Sputnik was a object that primaly beeped . But the public opinion is something fickle . ı read today that in '98 an American took a Turkish flag to space , usual NASA policy , and a two meter statue of him was erected in a holiday resort that sees extreme numbers of foreign tourists .Yet the statue was found 3 miles out in the sea two days ago , because somebody felt like protesting something . Considering THK is thinking of sending someone up there by 2020 , the modest proposal by this humbler poster is that we should book some Virgin Galactic flights as mobs clearly understand quantity has a quality of its own . Now that taking a Turkish Flag to space is a crime punishable with ending under the sea with arms torn off we should have many astronauts so that they can gang up on such protesters . It surely scared me !

interesting news

Iran declare to launch more Satilites in Orbit
and for 2021 to launch fist manned mission ....

....mullahs in space....
gonna be something like that ?

Attachments

• 05.12.04.MullahsinSpace-X.gif
    05.12.04.MullahsinSpace-X.gif
    41.2 KB · Views: 102
No mullahs in space yet. But maybe centuries from now, if and when we do interstellar flight, you might see worlds settled like "New Mecca", as seen in Chronicles Of Riddick.

On the subject of Australia's space launch, I give you the WRESAT/Sparta Launcher.

Attachments

• 18-wresatrocket.jpg
    18-wresatrocket.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 82
XP67_Moonbat said:
No mullahs in space yet. But maybe centuries from now, if and when we do interstellar flight, you might see worlds settled like "New Mecca", as seen in Chronicles Of Riddick.

Or Mallakkar and Lastart, from Jerry Pournelle's "CoDominium" series.

Just call me Ray said:
Or Mallakkar and Lastart, from Jerry Pournelle's "CoDominium" series.

In the same book series you may find out also "New Rome" where the Pope resides in....

Buono dia, Giuseppe,

Will there be a drawing of the Iranian Safir launcher coming soon?

Moonbat

XP67_Moonbat said:
Buono dia, Giuseppe,

Will there be a drawing of the Iranian Safir launcher coming soon?

Moonbat

Maybe, currently I have another suprise ongoing.... ;) ;D

It's best to move this thread to "Aerospace" because Iran has sent four satellites into orbit (all occurring despite economic sanctions), and drawings of the Safir rocket and other Iranian SLVs are available at the following links:

View: https://twitter.com/NASASpaceflight/status/1476661700472541184

Iran's Simorgh rocket has suffered another failure. It lifted off from the Imam Khomeini Space Centre at 03:30 UTC, and although a successful launch was announced, no objects have been detected in orbit. William Graham (@w_d_graham) overviews:

After 5 launch failure (or 4 depends who is right: Iran or USA intelligence data)
This is certain the end of Simorgh rocket program.

Note that this is from November 2020.
any update would be welcome.

Go to this forum and look up their Iranian thread:

Lots of stuff there.

Iran says it has successfully launched an imaging satellite into orbit amid tensions with the West

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Iran claimed on Wednesday that it successfully launched an imaging satellite into space, a move that could further ratchet up tensions with Western nations that fear its space technology could be used to develop nuclear weapons.

Iran’s Communication Minister Isa Zarepour said the Noor-3 satellite had been put in an orbit 450 kilometers (280 miles) above the Earth’s surface, the state-run IRNA news agency reported.

There was no immediate acknowledgment from Western officials of the launch or of the satellite being put into orbit. Iran has had a series of failed launches in recent years.

It was unclear when the launch took place. The U.S. military did not immediately respond to a request for comment.