Introduce Yourself

I was happy to find this group, as there is nothing similar and as active in the US.
Well, it's pretty international. When I registered the site 19 years ago I lived in the UK, but for the last 15 years I've lived in New Zealand, and the US is the biggest user demographic.

Screenshot 2024-06-23 204612.png

Last edited:
I got to do a walk around of the Canadian Air Force NORAD CF-18 with the F-16 Viper Demo Team, and also worked on the F-22s that shot down the balloons. I’ve also walked around the F-16XL. “Walk around” as in on-duty on the flight line inspection.
Well Anthony, it's impressive and I wish the best for you

Old retired guy living in the mountains of North Carolina. In previous lives I was a contracting officer for the US Air Force, an executive at a defense consulting/IT firm, and an independent trader/investor. Programs I worked on in Air Force days include the Pave Spike target designator, F-4 FMS sales for Turkey, Greece, and Iran, F-111 weapon system improvement program, ASPA source selection, ATB full scale development, and various simulator programs.

Thanks for the welcome! Let me know what you're interested in, and I'll make something up.

I'm trying to build a Ju-288 ... I do it with my idea because this plane was never build in series. I imagine it was egined with BMW801D of the last Ju-290 more simple to do than Jumo 222 ... and more pretty ! All is made of foam, white foam board, paper kaft and capuccino packaging and old calendars ... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_8233.JPG
    IMG_8233.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8236.JPG
    IMG_8236.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
I'm trying to build a Ju-288 ... I do it with my idea because this plane was never build in series. I imagine it was egined with BMW801D of the last Ju-290 more simple to do than Jumo 222 ... and more pretty ! All is made of foam, white foam board, paper kaft and capuccino packaging and old calendars ... ;)
If someone is intersted I could make a scan of it ...

Attachments

• IMG_7158.JPG
    IMG_7158.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
Hey, I'm Adam (but go mostly by Mac online) and I am 23 from Scotland, UK. I am very interested in military aviation and all kinds of military topics, as well as being a historian. I came here as this forum offered some information on an aircraft I was looking up, the FB-111G and I was quite impressed with the community which goes all the way back to when I was just 4!

Greetings. I'm Chris Manson (but mostly go by CJManson online), I'm 32 from Southern California. My interest in military aviation sprang from an old Discovery Channel series titled, Hunters in the Sky, and further heightened by the Xbox 360 video games Blazing Angels, Blazing Angels 2, and Ace Combat 6.

I studied aviation history at Mount San Antonio College, and am also (currently) a docent at the Planes of Fame Air Museum in Chino, California.