Ilyushin tilt-wing VTOL project

Stargazer

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Here is a tilt-wing VTOL transport project by the Ilyushin design bureau, an OKB not usually known for VTOL research... :eek:

Haven't found anything on the forum about this, so in case I failed to find it, please let me know!

Wonder if the number "60" on the side of the front fuselage means it's an "Il-60" of sorts... ::)

Attachments

• tilt-wing VTOL.jpg
    tilt-wing VTOL.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 410
Stargazer2006 said:
Here is a tilt-wing VTOL transport project by the Ilyushin design bureau, an OKB not usually known for VTOL research... :eek:

Haven't found anything on the forum about this, so in case I failed to find it, please let me know!

Wonder if the number "60" on the side of the front fuselage means it's an "Il-60" of sorts... ::)
It's just like the Russian practicality to adopt an existing fuselage to the new(er) concept of tilt-wing design, to come up with a practical and workable VTOL transport. I have always thought that had the Soviet Union not collapsed, I'm admit that they probably could have fielded a tilt-rotor/wing design cheaper and quicker than the V-22 Osprey! RegardsPioneer