Ilyushin Il-16

smurf

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Does anyone have a 3-view of the Il-16, please?
There are photos and data in Midland Counties book OKB Ilyushin, but I have not found a 3-view.
Can anyone help?

Sorry about the typo in the title of the post
There are photos and data in Midland Counties book OKB Ilyushin, but I have not found a 3-view.
Can anyone help?

I have only this picture from book D.MIHRA "Secret Aircraft Designs of the Third Reich "
For Ucon: Константин Геннадьевич насколько это изображение соответствует действительности ?
insofar, this scene corresponds to reality?

Attachments

• Il-16.jpg
    Il-16.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 563
Dear Borovik, PLEASE DON'T POST HI-RES IMAGES FROM ANY IAN ALLAN PUBLISHING GROOP BOOKS

Hi, guys!
It is more look like Il-22 or one of 9 configurations of Il-24.
No doubts that it is not Il-16.
This designations had two aircraft:
- Il-16 battle aircraft;
- Il-16 passenger jet aircraft (3 configurations), competitor for Tu-104.
Will it be useful to give full list of Il-aircraft?
Regards

Sure! Better even to start separate topic for this. Thanks in advance!

smurf said:
Sorry about the typo in the title of the post
Can anyone help?

Attachments

• il-16.jpg
    il-16.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 521
two pictures of Il-16 on page 58 of 'OKB ilyushin'

cheers,
Robin.

one more pictures from book "Planes USSR WWII" Harvest; Minsk

Attachments

• Il-16.jpg
    Il-16.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 427
Hi Smurf,

sorry after only six years,here is a 3-view to Il-16.

Attachments

• Il-16.JPG
    Il-16.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 395
igor-mich said:
Correct name of the theme Li-16 on the right of IL-16
I'm sorry, I don't understand this. Should it be Li-16? It's not a Lisunov! The Russian caption says "Il-16" and I think it's an Ilyushin, so why "Li-16"?

borovik said:

I have merged the two topics, but I really can't explain why they had two perfectly consecutive numbers (1370 and 1371)... ???

Hi!

https://lib.rus.ec/b/452760/read

http://aviadejavu.ru/Site/Crafts/Craft32225.htm

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/aww2/il16.html
"The high flight and tactical data of the Il-10 attack aircraft, its ability to conduct an active air battle in the WWII fronts during the period of taking up arms and fighting at the WWII fronts, determined the beginning of design works for an even faster and maneuverable IL-16 light - attack aircraft that turned around In 1944, almost immediately after the completion of the state tests of Il-10.

The Il-16 attack aircraft was designed for a new liquid-cooled engine M-43NV with a takeoff power of 1691 kW (2300 hp), created in the design bureau of AA Mikulin. In terms of its design, aerodynamic and structural layout, the IL-16 was almost identical with the IL-10, but it had slightly smaller geometric dimensions and mass compared to it. In combination with a more powerful engine, this was to provide the new attack aircraft with a maximum design speed of 625 km / h. The strength of the design of the Il-16 aircraft allowed him to perform all the aerobatics figures. "

"In early 1945, the serial plant completed the construction of an experimental Il-16 aircraft, and test pilot VK Kokkinaki made the first flight there. It turned out that with such a powerful engine, the reactive torque of the propeller and the short tail strongly affect the longitudinal stability of the aircraft. To improve it, the detachable tail section of the fuselage was extended by 500 mm, the area of ​​the vertical tail was increased, and the trimmer was placed on the rudder. The modified aircraft has become more stable in the air and better controlled. Nevertheless, the IL-16 flight tests were delayed due to the shortcomings of the M-43NV engine. To bring the engine M-43NB to the required state failed, and in the summer of 1946 p. Work on the IL-16 aircraft ceased. "

Attachments

• pic_17.png
    pic_17.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 143
  • pic_18.png
    pic_18.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 41-1.jpg
    41-1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 119
  • 41-2.jpg
    41-2.jpg