How many MIG-25s that US troops take from Iraq ?

I’m pretty sure none of the Tu-22 or Tu-16 bomber airframes survived the 1991 war. The Coalition made them a top priority as they could drop chemical weapons anywhere on the Arabian Peninsula, and the large size precluded effective dispersal. Unlike the fighters you couldn’t just tow bombers like that across the sand to hide them or park them beside mosques or hospitals.

seruriermarshal, have you try google or Wikipedia ?

from Wiki using there search engine with "Iraqi Air force"
got this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_Air_Force

Operation Iraqi Freedom - 2003
MiG-25_Foxbat.jpg

During the occupation phase, most of Iraq's combat aircraft (mainly MiG-23s, MiG-25s and Su-25s) were found by American and Australian forces in poor condition at several air bases throughout the country while others were discovered buried. Most of the IQAF's aircraft were destroyed during and after the invasion, and all remaining equipment was junked or scrapped in the immediate aftermath of the war. None of the aircraft acquired during Saddam's time remained in service.[16]
source [16] : http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iraq/air-force-equipment-intro.htm

At least one, it's currently at the USAF Museum being restored for display.

I hate this kind of sponging question but I will provide you with an answer anyway.

Before OIF the Iraqi Air Force operated only five MiG-25s and all from Al Asad Airbase. During OIF it was captured by the Australian special forces task force and turned into FOB Weber. 50 MiGs were found on the base including the MiG-25s where the servicable ones were hidden under cam nets in an oasis. The base was then handed over to the Americans who promptly stole the 25s from the ADF and only handed over a MiG-21 as war booty.

Attachments

• weber.jpg
    weber.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 70
those 5 Mig-25PDS is only wat survied the 1991 gulf war
befor that they had 9x MiG-25RB and 19x MiG-25PDS

Abraham Gubler said:
I hate this kind of sponging question but I will provide you with an answer anyway.

Before OIF the Iraqi Air Force operated only five MiG-25s and all from Al Asad Airbase. During OIF it was captured by the Australian special forces task force and turned into FOB Weber. 50 MiGs were found on the base including the MiG-25s where the servicable ones were hidden under cam nets in an oasis. The base was then handed over to the Americans who promptly stole the 25s from the ADF and only handed over a MiG-21 as war booty.

Thanks , I hear ADF take 1 MIG-25 to Australia ?