Herb Greif's wonderful what-if airplanes

Stargazer

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
The July 1977 issue of Airpower presented what was probably one of the earliest "what-if" aircraft galleries ever published, a series of wondrous illustrations by Herb Greif (no relation it seems to the Heinkel bomber...).

According to the article, Greif issued a calendar featuring his artwork... If any of you know of other imaginary aircraft by him, please share them here!

(and a word to the mods... I have tried in vain to find through the search engine the topic we had on similar imaginary aircraft, so please mereg them if you think it appropriate).

Attachments

• Greif_1.gif
    Greif_1.gif
    279.4 KB · Views: 545
  • Greif_2.gif
    Greif_2.gif
    188.8 KB · Views: 509
  • Greif_3.gif
    Greif_3.gif
    88.2 KB · Views: 463
  • Greif_4.gif
    Greif_4.gif
    144.8 KB · Views: 439
Jemiba said:
Stargazer said:
... I have tried in vain to find through the search engine the topic we had on similar imaginary aircraft, ...

Maybe do you meant this one ? http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,5933.30.html

Well, not really. I mean, "Real or fake?" is precisely a topic for asking the question, when a design hasn't been properly identified as real or not.

In this case, it's the perfectly identified imaginings of an artist. We had a series of similar creations by Bruce McCall (didn't think of looking his name up in the search engine, that would probably lead to the right posts). In case McCall and the likes are in the "Real or fake" topic, I really think they ought to be split from it, because once the question is answered there is no reason to leave them there, is there?

This is amusing, though for the last of those, I'd have added, "...and drank heavily when not flying."