Hawker P.1121 "Hurricane"

Fascinating. Bob Marsh retired to Dittisham in South Devon where I was a barman in the local pub 1993/1994. We would be regaled with stories of Hawker. I feel really privileged to have known him briefly. He was indeed a character, and he was always building things for the village. I have a wonderful photo of him beside his modified 2CV and dog.
Fascinating. He looks very short!
 
Hi Paul, I generally work the Saturday shift, the resto team seem to have a loose work schedule. But if they are in, you will find them very friendly and helpful. If not, the volunteers working the factory are only to happy to help.
 
Maybe i'm not up to date with the subject, but i didn't knew until now that they were actually building a prototype of the P.1121. Pity, this would/should have made a killing export wise at least, a lot more than the awkward Lightning.
 
I do have a vast number of photos of the P.1121 prototype at Brooklands, but that would get a bit dull after a couple of pages I think

I think that there'd be a fair few boards members who'd by quite happy to read such a book especially if it came with explanatory comments for each photograph, I'd be interested in such a book; have you been able to obtain copies of any of the engineering drawings?
 
Last edited:

Attachments

  • Meccano Magazine 01.jpg
    Meccano Magazine 01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • Meccano Magazine 02.jpg
    Meccano Magazine 02.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37

Similar threads

Back
Top Bottom