Haas F1 mishap

Foo Fighter

Cum adolescunt hominem verum esse volo.
Reaction score
Kind of recent with the tech and safety of modern F1 cars but the car hit a barrier, then broke into two and burned like that, well nasty. That Grosjean got out at all was a good demo of the safety systems. A close one.

Last edited:
And then Stroll decides to go inverted on the restart. This season has definitely had its moments.

This accident is scarying, particularly by 2020 standards. I know, it's Romain Grosjean - only rivaled by Pastor Maldonado and (further in time, may he rest in peace) Andrea de Cesaris (ma, Guy Ligier, c'était juste un pétit tétakou... !)

Last time a F1 burned this spectacular was Gerhard Berger, Imola... 1989.

Admittedly - Verstappen (Jos, the father, not his son Max) 1994 in Germany but the car was standing still in the pitlane, it was merely a flash fire.

Last time a F1 broke the guard rails is even further in time, perhaps the very gruesome accidents of the 70's - Koining 1974 (beheaded, the horror), Cevert 1973 (cut in half) ?

One of the things that is brought to the fore is the use of pay for ride drivers. Someone who brings sponsorship to a team that may not be up to snuff. Grosjean made a learners mistake by making a massive direction change without knowing who or what might be moving into that part of the track. Not many years ago he nearly took Alonso's head off but they had a narrow escape. Much as I'm glad he's OK, I hope we see no more of him, or drivers like him. Perez, who did another great job, is without a drive next year.

Perez may yet be grabbed by Red Bull. Had Albon not miracled himself onto the podium after his FP2 crash I'd have said an announcement was possibly imminent.