Guided weapons of WW2 minors

Dilandu

I'm dissatisfied, which means, I exist.
Reaction score
Website
fonzeppelin.livejournal.com
After doing rather excessive work on World War-2 era guided weapons of Japan, Italy, Britain, France, USA and USSR, I'm now gathering the data about minor participants. Up to date, I found:

* Romanian radio-controlled tracked mine, invented by general Ion Eremia
* Hungarian acoustic-fused 44M Liderc anti-air rocket
* Australian "Wall & Ball" wake-following torpedo
* Australian Jeffery Land Torpedo tracked mine
* Swedish RB-310 pulsejet missile (granted, it is not actually World War 2, but development seems to be started in 1944)
* Polish "Żywe torpedy" - presumably, a suicide boat or submersible projects

Unfortunately, there are very little actual information about many of such projects. And in some cases, even if data existed and available, it's nearly impossible to get it (there are full data about Wall & Ball torpedo in Australian government archives, but in non-digital form, and due to pandemic, it's next thing to impossible for me to obtain it).

I would be extremely grateful for additional information about any of those projects - or any other project that I missed.

Last edited:
I believe there was more info about the polish manned torpedoes on a previous thread about polish ww2 navy never-weres

And I know I've seen a picture of the romanian tracked mine, but I forget where

RB 310-wise, the following may be of interest, Google Chrome giving you the possibility of translating the webpages. That translation is by no means perfect of course.

Yep, knew this site. Thanks anyway!

I believe there was more info about the polish manned torpedoes on a previous thread about polish ww2 navy never-weres

And I know I've seen a picture of the romanian tracked mine, but I forget where

To be exact, there are two pictures of questionable quality that exists of the Romanian tracked mine. Some interesting conclusions could be drawn from them (for example, I strongly suspect that Romanians tried to install primitive TV camera on it), but, alas, no coherent data.

As far as the 44M Lidérc is concerned, the following may be of interest. That said, I really do not know if the content is any good.

If I may, it looks as if the expression Żywe torpedy referred to Polish individuals who indicated their willingness to go on suicidal missions in 1939, if Germany attacked Poland. No submarine or piloted torpedo was developed.

If I may, it looks as if the expression Żywe torpedy referred to Polish individuals who indicated their willingness to go on suicidal missions in 1939, if Germany attacked Poland. No submarine or piloted torpedo was developed.

Well, there are rumors that SOMETHING was at least considered for design. Some of volunteers apparently described the "torpedoes" (presumably, a model of one). There seems to be two possible reconstruction: either Polish Navy worked on midget submarine, or very small one-man motor torpedo boat.