2. somekine Glider from Boeing ?
3. Tilt wing rotor from Boeing ?
4. F-15 Proposal from Boeing ?

Michel Van said:
1. super cool jet fighter from Boeing ?
2. somekine Glider from Boeing ?
3. Tilt wing rotor from Boeing ?
4. F-15 Proposal from Boeing ?

I think that bottom one looks more like a North American design.

3. I'd also guess Boeing Vertol, because the nose looks Chinookish.

4. I'd guess SOR 183 - TFX without the Navy - and most likely North American.

2. Wartime medium jet bomber from Boeing

And 1. not AMSA, AMPSS (Advanced Manned Precision Strike System), earlier, different performance envelope from AMSA, I think.

N.5 (fourth in the row), is SOR-183, McDonnell ?

3. Could be the BV 137 contender from the Tri-Service program ... ???

I thought McDD TFX first, but then saw the USAF and thought better of it. Could be McDD GOR-183 as Skybolt suggests? Or Boeing GOR-183?

I initially thought Boeing, but then considered that Boeing was the only TFX contender that refuted the DoD invitation at "coupling" up. So if they had a dorsal intake config for the TFX, probably they had already fro the GOR-183 a year before. What's strange that there were full scale mock-up already at the GOR-183 stage. BTW, I now think that the often seen Republic TFX submission mock-up is in reality a GOR-183 one (the cockpit is tandem, for starter).
Now it will come up that it is in reality the Grumman GOR-183...

regarding N°3, I think, boxkte may be right. It looks similar to this windtunnel model:
(from: "Vertical Take-off and Landing <VTOL> Aircraft, (Series of papers ... of a
conference held on Dec. 10-12, 1962) ; Consulting ed.: I. B. Laskowitz")

Attachments

• Boeing-Vertol-137SC.jpg
    Boeing-Vertol-137SC.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 316
I would venture that the tilt-wing is in response to a late fifties Army requirement for a tactical transport... I have no idea what program.

Correction, Boeing AND Lockheed were the only companies that refuted the suggestion to couple for the TFX final competition.... precision where precision is due.

I'd say the tiltwing is either CX-6(?) or the Tri-Service competition won by the XC-142A, probably the latter since the box seems to be about the same size.

The SOR 183... Macs or Vought.

I'm going to say the SOR 183 mockup is Republic's entry.

Which is the more accurate "Production" / "Submission" of the GD design, the artist rendering or the two views? The cockpit is different between the two.

Hi All!

Boeing/Vertol Model 137----Competition of XC-142A ( Tri-Service Transport Aircraft Specification TS-152 ,U.S. Air Force Project SS-478A )

Ah, ah, it was the too simple answer that was the true answer. Strange that they changed so much the layout.

Skybolt said:
Strange that they changed so much the layout.

That "818" and the "818" we've all come to know and love are virtual identical twins compared to some of the other 818 concepts Boeing looked at. They had truly stealthy designs, they had weird-ass VTOL lifting body designs, they even had turboprop designs.

Orionblamblam said:
Skybolt said:

That "818" and the "818" we've all come to know and love are virtual identical twins compared to some of the other 818 concepts Boeing looked at. They had truly stealthy designs, they had weird-ass VTOL lifting body designs, they even had turboprop designs.

Great find Orionblamblam !
A very interesting mock-up of the early Model 818, that I have not seen before.
This is why I love this web site!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have any more pics or drawings of these early designs?
What was the source that you found the pic of the early Model 818 mock-up

I (will never) see. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Pioneer said:
Orionblamblam said:
Skybolt said:

Great find Orionblamblam !
A very interesting mock-up of the early Model 818, that I have not seen before.
This is why I love this web site!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have any more pics or drawings of these early designs?
What was the source that you found the pic of the early Model 818 mock-up

Presumably at Boeing, during recent trip.

What about picture number 2?

Boeing rocket propelled interceptor 1944-45?

Please Scott give us more clues?...

pometablava said:

Bell D-35, dated 10-13-1945. You now know as much about it as I do, excpept that Bell Model 35 is listed as a more conventional interceptor. Shrug.

Orionblamblam said:
pometablava said:

Bell D-35, dated 10-13-1945. You now know as much about it as I do, excpept that Bell Model 35 is listed as a more conventional interceptor. Shrug.

My dear Scott,

I think the Bell D-35 interceptor was the Bell proposal for XP-92 competition.

Skybolt said:

Any chance you'll do an article on these Boeing concepts?

At the Fort Worth Aviation Museum.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    673.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    670.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0003.jpg