Great Trailer: Terrible Movie

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
Every now and then a movie trailer is released that makes the forthcoming movie look spectacular. It makes the viewer *really* want to see the movie. And then the movie comes out and all your hopes and dreams are crushed under the massive weight of disappointment.

For example, "Wonderwoman 1984." Perhaps it was the use of the music, perhaps the editing, but whatever it was, the trailer was *awesome.* And then the movie. Guh.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfM7_JLk-84

What else ya got?

Eternals on Disney at the moment. Part of the Marvel Universe. 2 hour 37 minute snore fest.

Eternals on Disney at the moment. Part of the Marvel Universe. 2 hour 37 minute snore fest.
Marvel had a good run, but the glory days seem to be over. They made themselves a bucket of money in the meantime, though, and are occasionally still successful. The most recent Spider Man made enough to fund several stinkers.

Marvel had a good run, but the glory days seem to be over. They made themselves a bucket of money in the meantime, though, and are occasionally still successful. The most recent Spider Man made enough to fund several stinkers.
Sony.

Sony.
The kids and I watched the Sam Raimi Spiderman films in preparation for No Way Home, and my son in particular was very impressed with them, despite the dated special effects.

Sony.
Marvel is in on them, however, what with Dr. Strange and whatnot. I'm sure they get a cut.

Still, hard to argue that Spider Man wasn't far more appealing than a lot of the recent Marvel outings. "Black Widow" was stupidly timed; shoulda come out *before* the character died. "Eternals" and "Shang Chi" are a big load of "who?" and "who cares," but then Marvel did a fine job making the equally obscure Guardians of the Galaxy damned entertaining. The MCU seemed to come to an adequate end with "Endgame," and a few of the preceding outings courted the shrieking harpies of cultural decay.

I still haven't seen the three most recent MCU movies, excepting Spider Man, and have little to no interest in them.

I don't think Marvel executives will be upset just yet.
The MCU remains a license to print money, but I think it's reasonable to say that it's cooling off. "Eternals" made $165M domestic, $237M foreign; "Shang Chi" made $224 + $227M; "Black Widow" made $184 + $196M. In comparison, "GotG vol 2" made $390 +$474M and "Thor Ragnarok" made $315 + $539M. Even "Ant Man 2" made $217 + $406M.

Yes, but some of that may be COVID19 depressing ticket sales. Its hard to know.
And then Spider Man comes along and makes $724 + $940M. That' walkin' around money. That's the sort of money that should be lavished on, say, books about the evolution of the SR-71 or B-52.

They've reached the end of their main stable and now they seem to be wringing stories out of what's left.

My daughter really liked Black Widow and Shang Chi. My wife and daughter really enjoyed Eternals. Everyone (including me) loved Spider Man: No Way Home

I don't think Marvel executives will be upset just yet.
Black Widow was OK, Shang Chi was surprisingly good, but I'm biased because it included the reappearance of "Trevor".

Battle: Los Angeles had a pretty good first trailer... the movie was forgettable... at best.