French site has many new projects

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi all,

I discovered that great site,it has many aircraft and projects,but just in a small infos,
of course it has a little misprint,fake and un-logical designs so I avoid them,and some
mysteries aircraft,for USA aircraft,I leave the decision to Stargazer to see if those
are a real aircraft or not;such as;

learjet 70 & 85
Northrop N-252
Cessna 510,850 & 810
Hughes 259

and one for Russian members;

MiG Ye.9 a third generation of MiG-21.

http://www.vignaud.org/Gestion_BD/Recherche.php

Thanks for your comments Hesham. I will soon check the mistakes you listed. I feel obliged to implement multi-language texts for no-frenche speaking readers.

Regarding the "aircraft and projects" subject, I have included in the database 2 fields :
  • A for Project/Flown/Unknow
  • one for year (needed for projects, because the fist flight date is not filled in this case. I need only to add these fiels in the screens.
Regarding your comment about "just in a small infos", my website is a database for technical data, with a small comment field. Obviously, some records are relatedto planes for which I do not know a lot

Since some months, my major information source is secretprojets. I visit the forum once or twice a day, in oder toadd data in my database.

I can't speak for the Cessna and Hughes numbers, but the Learjets do exist and the Northrop N-252 would follow right after the N-251 which was an evolution of the N-156T with more adaptations for the naval role (I regret not copying the brochure when I had the chance).

As I said earlier today, the database seems a great tool that certainly deserves attention. Congratulations patvig for getting it going, it's a titanic task!

However, there are a few mistakes here and there and these need to be addressed so that the work can truly become the trustworthy online resource it is meant to be.

The thing that bothers me a bit here is the "vicious circle" effect: hesham finds new designations there that he shares here, but you, patvig, quote our forum as one of your main sources for the project... so in the end we've got to make sure that we are not actually generating more "noise" and typos along the way...

Thanks for the efforts with that site, patvig !
As many of us are somewhat experts, or admirers for a special manufacturer, maybe
a "plea to the public" for assistance could bring some help with checking your database
for missing types or inconsistencies.
As Stargazer mentioned, some care has to be used here, too and threads mentioning a "new type",
should be read to the last post, as we all make mistakes and it may take some time to sort them out !

P.S.: Look out for PM ;)

Inorder to help you when you visit vignaud.org :
  • if you find a lot of technical data, I obviously found them on books, wikipedia, magazines... and so, there are confirmed
  • if there is no technical data, my source maybe secretprojects
Another detail : a lot of dimensions remain without decimals due to loss during migration from dbase. It woul need a big work to complete all them. I correct when I rework on a record.

A great site Patvig,

can I ask you,what is your source about Northrop N-252 VTOL derivative of T-38 ?.

hesham said:
A great site Patvig,

can I ask you,what is your source about Northrop N-252 VTOL derivative of T-38 ?.
Sorry, but I did not record my sources. This is a missing field in my database. The record date is recent (2nd of March 2013), so it could be secreprojects, but a quick search in the forum gave me no result.

OK Patvig,

you are welcome,and your site is nice,but it wants some modifications.

Hi Patvig,

one more question about small Info in your site,are you sure about Hughes D-1 Fighter
of 1938 ?,we know that Hughes series; D-2,DX-2,DX-2A,D-3 and D-5,but we never heard
about D-1 before.

I know display the field Modification date (Mise à jour in French). So records older that 1 year are probably not based on secretprojects. I display also a fiel Projet/ A volé (Project/Have flown).

I added a fiel source where I know record the data source.

hesham said:
Hi Patvig,

one more question about small Info in your site,are you sure about Hughes D-1 Fighter
of 1938 ?,we know that Hughes series; D-2,DX-2,DX-2A,D-3 and D-5,but we never heard
about D-1 before.
Sorry, but the record date shows that this is an old record, my memory is not able to remember where I found this data !. You can notice that I recorded a maiden flight year, so I suppose I really got an information.

If you can give me a full list og Huhes models, I will correct my database.

Hi Patvig,

it's too hard to find full Hughes list,so I suggest that design may be misprint,but
the date is a problem.

Back
Top Bottom