• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Forum Rules 8.0 - ALL users please read

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
However a lot of people have never read them. New starters get an automatic message which directs them to this topic, plus I tried a different method (notification).
I saw the auto message and visited the thread after I logged in. The auto message remains after that, the only difference it says my username instead of guest. By leaving a post here will the auto message now not appear again, I did use the 'X' button to close it down but it still comes back.
If you are logged on when you close it, it should not come back. It certainly doesn't for me on any browser I try.

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One thing to remember is I don't read every topic. If you see something objectionable, don't assume I read it and did nothing. I rarely view the Early Aircraft Projects topics for instance. Also, there are other moderators who may differ in their interpretation of the rules.

Winston

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
  • Images posted under a defence of "fair use" (e.g. US) or "fair dealing" (e.g. UK/Europe) should be low resolution (e.g. no larger than 1200 pixels in width and height), for discussion and comment, and not cause financial harm to the copyright holder. The rights of the copyright holder to object to posted material always take priority over "fair use".
  • If you are the copyright holder, or have permission from the copyright holder to post an image, you can use as high a resolution as you like, subject to the file size limit of uploaded images.
Fair use doesn't stipulate image size limits, right? I know other forums have tiny images and big "for discussion only" watermarks and they sort of ruin the point.

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Images posted under a defence of "fair use" (e.g. US) or "fair dealing" (e.g. UK/Europe) should be low resolution (e.g. no larger than 1200 pixels in width and height), for discussion and comment, and not cause financial harm to the copyright holder. The rights of the copyright holder to object to posted material always take priority over "fair use".
  • If you are the copyright holder, or have permission from the copyright holder to post an image, you can use as high a resolution as you like, subject to the file size limit of uploaded images.
Fair use doesn't stipulate image size limits, right? I know other forums have tiny images and big "for discussion only" watermarks and they sort of ruin the point.
There’s no official limit to resolution representing "fair use" but once the resolution is high enough to allow print reproduction, it becomes harder to argue. If you want to see it large you should be buying the original book.