Forum Rules 11 (19 Feb 2022)

I'm wondering about a future 'Version 12' update to the Forum Rules. When the time comes, should a rule should added under General Conduct about extending the courtesy of puctuation and corrected spelling to members' posts?

A recent case in point:
-- https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/what-is-the-ideal-mbt.42368/page-2#post-659417

I get the flippant humour ... after receiving requests for interpunction and care with spelling, reply without punction while including an obvious spelling error. Whether that response meets "ALWAYS be polite and civil in forum posts and private messages" is open to debate.

Anyway, my added rule notion is just a thought. I have no dog in this fight. I'm a lousy speller myself but try to check before posting. And, doubtless, typing with thumbs is more challenging that I imagine. Still, in such cases, might it be worth making an appeal to following the forum rules before seeking out the bliss of the 'ignore' button?

I'd like to suggest that users attempt to spell and use punctuation as a courtesy to others as a rule.

My wife is totally dyslexic, but she uses a spellchecker and mostly makes well-spelled posts with the occasional amusing completely wrong word choice.

Our many non-native speakers seem able to do it.

Some users, typically young and American, just don't seem to subscribe to the notion that they should bother trying to spell correctly at all.